87 El Camino Daily Driver/Weekend Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumpin1ohmSS said:
"New Motor" (6 years old but only has 1200 miles on her) is on the stand and taped up ready for a lil scotch bright pad and degrease job. I gotta hit The Freight up for some stars to take the fromt serpentine setup off. Coming together...

6093761416_0ac5782be8_b.jpg

6093765458_8c8f538f6c_b.jpg

Soon as I get the front off I can clean it up and shoot some high temp on it and freshen the motor up. Should have this all done before the weeks over.

Got this fan/radiator setup years back. Had it polished up the day I got it. Still has a nice shine on it after all these years. Gonna get it re-polished...

6093829546_2fae22b440_b.jpg

6093295179_53178000bb_b.jpg

I ordered the B&M Super cooler with the fan, 16 qts of BM Trick flo fluid, A fan mounting kit and a Hughs deep aluminum trans pan. Still need to get the crossmember, trans and motor mounts, Braided hoses and fittings, Flows 40 series and a few other lil goodies. Separating my Aluminum radiator and fans and getting the radiator re-polished. The fans with be shot a wet black to flow with the wells. Should look cool..

Thanks for Checking back fellas. We gettin there :mrgreen:

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC
dang bro u have been puttin in serious work.. ppl wud never kno jus a few years ago u had no idea how to do this.. im SO glad u came to ur spidey senses and got it crackin on the SS and Now the ELCO.. in my book these r the MOST ANTICIPATED G RIDES waitin to be RELEASED!!.. u kno how we do KEEP it 80z....

ya boi kuruption aka 3 speed dat hoe aka 4shizzy..lol

Omg!!!! i cant believe you really took out the 350 brah! Dayum puts a smile on my face 🙂

I cant wait to see it in that Blue Carpet tretment!!....Ur the sh*t!!!!!look up to u big time homie...keep up good work and thanks for all the help!

Big Saint
80zbabiez CC :mrgreen:

Dave V said:
looks great warren. your making some huge strides and your el will be sweet once its all done. who makes that fan setup i like it especially how it mounts

Thanks bruh! I got that radiator/fan setup back in 2005. The company was SMM Performance but I think they are long gone by now. The radiator hose setup was done by a shop. You can come get it and take it to show a shop what you want done. Pretty simple. Two pieces of stainless piping welded and the polished

4380219496_66a134e00d_b.jpg

4380125926_a8ef1b9d20_b.jpg

Thanks fellas! Trying to get as much cleaned up on the old girl since everything is out. Not going to AZ this weekend cuz I forgot its a holiday weekend. I'll stay home and spend Fri, Sat and Sun puttin in work on cleanin up stuff and painting up parts. Thinking about painting the block a nice blue, blue wires and boots, blue filter, paint the red tops blue. Imma think about it over the next couple of days. The El is gonna be a light blue color and with all the chromed out parts and wet black
paint in the bay it "should" flow nicely. Got a few goodies yesterday...

B&M Super trans cooler-click photo for more info on the part

Nice Hookups

Spal fan...

Thermostat hookup

B&M coolermount kit..

Hughs 2004r deep aluminum trans pan.Came with all the hardware and gaskets needed..

B&M Trickflo trans fluid. I'll swap to synthetic after i have Foose's shop rebuild the 200. Its got a mean shift kit in it right now and was rebuilt right before I got the truck. But I want to know for a fact its been all gone thru. Peace of mind

Pulled the driveshave loop from the SS. Man Ive been trying to get in contact with the dude who made this so I could get another one. No luck

Started taping off the fan setup. I just shot some black over it but then said naw...Wiped all the paint off. Im smoothing it (has some texture) and making the setup as smooth and wet as the wells. What the hell..

6100943531_19a331bf3b_b.jpg

Goin to the hoseman on friday to pick up the braided hose and -6AN Fittings for the trans lines, cooler and transmission. Ordering the Iceman tubular 200 x memberFor those that start saying get a G Force x member--I have one in my SS for the 700r4. I want this one for the weight savings), trans mounts and motor mounts. Droppin of my radiator to be re-polished and drop the Doug's Headers off to be re-ceramic coated. Think Im gonna roll with some Flows 40 series with and "H" pipe and electric cutouts. :mrgreen: We gettin her right finally!!

Thanks for checking back. Sorry no real updates as far as dropping the motor in and stuff. It will be about a month before I do that. next AZ trip is to clean up the 2004r trans, spray it blue-dont trip cuz! :mrgreen: and mount the Hughs trans pan. We taking the whole front clip off the drop the motor/trans in-cuz the big lil homie says so :mrgreen:

Stay tuned..

Elco Warren 8)

:banana: Goodies Goodies Goodies!!!! That trans pan and cooler look sweet!! Good quality stuff!

Yessir! That cooler is gonna workout nice! I might do a remote oil filter and run an oil cooler as well. Uh oh! There I go again! :mrgreen: Ill just concentrate on gettin her back home first. Hahahaaa. More goodies goodies goodies this Friday. And I'm off for 3 days!

Elco Warren

Warren,

Thanks for the offer but the photos you posted of it raw are just what I needed I got a guy who can make that. Your putting in some work when is a good time to call u got an idea to run past u. I too just ordered a bunch of stuff today so I know how u feel.

Warren I know how you feel with that driveshaft loop. Contacted him 2 weeks ago and still no response or anything. Had to settle with the tubular one from TNT and I ordered it 2 weeks ago and it just shipped out yesterday. :roll: Luckily I didn't need one when I went to the track

Man I've been tryin to contact the guy for over a year! Lol. I knew I should have grabbed two of em. Ill look into the setup you have for the SS. The S will be down for a minute so I might as well use it. The ss is backed in the shop and when I'm walkin out I see that G national rear just beggin me to snatch it and drop it in the Elco. Lol. My big lil bro Skip has a hookup for a 9" rear built. Imma hold off till I get it. Well ill try to hold off. Haha.. Thanks for checkin back fellas. Dave...I'm up around 12 bruh. Drop me a line.

Elco Warren

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor