87 El Camino Daily Driver/Weekend Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumpin1ohmSS said:
Dave V said:
warren glad i could help i just sent you over the email on the a/c condensor

preciate that bruh bruh! I checked it the day you sent the email. Page came right up. Went back to drop it in my basket and the site said the part couldnt be found.. I'll find it with the info you provided. I also found the old pm I sent TC1959. Did you keep your old accumultor or go with a different setup? Thanks again!!

Elco Warren

Warren I bought a new one just to be safe as my old system had failed so I bought a new gm one from rock auto they had one as well as a new orriface tube etc....

ok. Thanks D!! Gettin all the parts together. Gonna order the condensor soon as I confirm its the correct setup. I kept searching thru Advanced Auto Parts but they didnt list anything for a 1992. Checked Rock Auto and found this

click photo for info SPECTRA PREMIUM Part # 74426

Here's my accumulator I had polished 4 years ago...

2769735100044332610S600x600Q85.jpg

2523328270044332610S600x600Q85.jpg

2387651560044332610S600x600Q85.jpg

Once I get all the parts together, Im going to list everything with pics and links for bro's that might be interested in this. The condensor puts the inlet/outlet piping on the passenger side and it looks like the 1988 Suburban accumulator moves the fittings around for a cleaner setup. That 1992 Camaro Z28 condenser setup makes it so you dont have ac lines criss crossing over your beautiful motor.. Soonas I get it all together I'll be updating. Line length, turns, bends and shops used to get the job finished up will be posted. Stay tuned :mrgreen:

Elco Warren 8)

Well I just looked at my box and I got a visteon Vista pro #2096 mine is aluminium and advanced auto does not carry it anymore for some off reason. But the one you posted above looks the same and it should be fine I would go with that. Did you ever charge your system with that accumulator?? If it saw r12 I would not use it. My new stock 84 elko accumulator I will be getting from the polisher today and all my lines will be run on the pass side. I had my system going for about 2yrs but the conversion to 134a was not done right. I got a guy now that comes to you and will charge your system he is a mobile a/c guy. I have all the o rings etc. Just need to get some new fittings for the condensor side and then ill be making lines. I will also keep a log of parts used etcas it may help somone else

Thanks again bruh!! The accumulator thats in the El now is the og one. The El's system has been swapped to r134 by the previous owner. The old polished one in the pic is r12. I'll just get another one and start fresh. They polish out nicely! I found a few other condensers surfing the net. Not sure if I should get the stock accumulator or a different style. I want all the lines bent and ran thru the fender walls and out to the condenser. Doin my homework... Preciate' the help fam.. 😀

Elco Warren 8)

Went ahead and taped off the cap and sprayed it up. Came out nice. "Foose" slid thru on his clean *ss Harley and checked things out, gave me some pointers and just chilled with me for a sec. Man let me tell you..Its a damn good feeling to finally meet up with a crew of young GOD fearing good brothas who share the same passion for these old rides. Thats wassup. Skip's really got me wanting a bike. But the fiance is sayin different. LOL!

Here's what i got..

6143225123_a6f211e928_z.jpg

6143224133_1b8d2edba9_z.jpg

Came out cool. letting it sit out until I'm ready to drop the motor in next month. That will be plenty of time for the paint to cure. Then swap the coil and guts from the GMP cap and its a wrap. Just waiting to head out to AZ to drop off the parts for chroming and stuff. Friday I pickup the Endurashine Edelbrock water pump and some other goodies. Time to make things happen..

Elco Warren 8)

damn man, these picts really arent good enough, you got me wanting to change my mind on what i was going to do with my motor... but i gotta stick to my guns, you have alot of good stuff on that motor, and many awesome ideas to finish this up, some stuff that I have never seen on a car too... def. motivated me to step my game up a little... cant wait till the el co is back on the road... i saw alot of stuff on that motor that i wanted! :rofl: hell and laying around for that matter...

that blue looks good to and now that you have touched the motor, which i thought was clean as hell before, i see why you want to and have to see this one all the way through, you started mocking up those brackets, etc. and i noticed alot of nicely painted pieces that will just be covered up by them... good attention to detail, bro, keep it up...

I see blue and silver calipers and brake bracket all the way around, in your near future, with all brake lines steel braided to match all that you got going on, and silver suspension components, with hints of blue... anyway, keep it up bro!

LSCustoms said:
I see blue and silver calipers and brake bracket all the way around, in your near future, with all brake lines steel braided to match all that you got going on, and silver suspension components, with hints of blue... anyway, keep it up bro!
:mrgreen: i agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor