87 El Camino Daily Driver/Weekend Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
lets paint some of the surfaces of the brackets n that blue and then clear the whole thng, if you dont like, lets just powder them in the new pwder chrome stuff.. should look like endurashine

@ lil bro Skip...Yeah fam. Mel swung me up to the chromer/polisher and I got an idea of how much things will cost. I just dropped a few parts off. He wanted $150 to polish the brackets out... I'm coming back out here probably next weekend, but most def on Sept 30th with the motor. We were clownin around so much I didnt get any pics yesterday. Didnt get a chance to hang with Chris but Im hoping I can catch him before I leave in the morning. I wanted to get his brackets from him so i can blast em. The chromer said 2 weeks for the pan and other lil parts so that puts me at Sept. 30th. The brackets will be about a 3-4 day turn around so I can prolly have em back by next Saturday. Its crunch time! I also need an Alternator. I might swing a Tuff Stuff setup. Gotta check how it mounts tho...Imma hit the storage unit up before we leave and get some pics of the trans. We will have to notch the bracing on the header panel so the B&M Super trans cooler can mount to the condenser. The cooler's fan is in the way. I should have went with the smaller setup but oh well. Once we notch it, there will be plenty of room. Since I cleaned the Edelbrock water pump up, I'll go with the endurashine one later. Clear coat it and be done. The new ball milled valve covers will get an "Ecko Warren" home polish job as well as the ball milled wire loom holders. All that will get chromed later...Main objective is getting her back on the road. All the parts have been cleaned up nicely. I can go back thru and really do the detailing later.. :wink:

Elco Warren 8)

Man we had a good time as always yesterday, it's def crunch time! I'll stop by the radiator shop this week to get a quote for you then i'll try to get in contact with someone at jet hot coatings as well. As long as you got the "MUNEY" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: we shouldn't have any problems getting it done before the run!

140 AMP Tuff Stuff it shows with v-belt pulley but is listed under serpentine. It also appears to have the same mounting points as the one you have.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TFF-7861C6G/?rtype=10

Attachments

• tff-7861c6g_w.jpg
    tff-7861c6g_w.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 678
Man you guys are putting in mad work. I wish i had a connect to get parts blasted. Great work can't wait to get mine back on the road so i can see some of these cars in person at one of the Runs

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
The new ball milled valve covers will get an "Ecko Warren" home polish job....
Elco Warren 8)
is EcKo some sort of new lizard terminology?

seems high bro, as far as pricing, but at least you know what you r going to get... my actual chrome guy is high too, but my powder coater treats me nice...

LSCustoms said:
Bumpin1ohmSS said:
The new ball milled valve covers will get an "Ecko Warren" home polish job....
Elco Warren 8)
is EcKo some sort of new lizard terminology?

seems high bro, as far as pricing, but at least you know what you r going to get... my actual chrome guy is high too, but my powder coater treats me nice...

HAHA! Naw thats Drunk *ss Vic terminology :rofl: (just ribbin ya big V!) Man we just broke it all up. The valve covers look clean. Just polish em out a lil bit. Loots gettin tight and there's still so much left to do. When its all cleaned up and installed, it will be a balanced look of ceramic coating, chrome, paint and polished parts. It will balance out...

lildudefl said:
Man you guys are putting in mad work.

Thanks for checkin back. We all trying to put wrench time in on each others rides. Thats what its all about. Helping each other shine!

Dave V said:
I have the same alt it will work look in my pics in my thread

I was looking at that one right before I headed out to AZ. Says serpentine but I'll see wassup with that. I see "Optional 5-groove, 6-groove, or V-belt pulley" in the description and will be sure to ask before purchasing.

Me, Mel and Uncle D scrubbed the hell outta the 2004r. I sprayed some primer and some blue paint I had left over...Didnt get any pics of it painted blue tho. got dark..

6161674608_4d2268d554_z.jpg

6161673930_eaac93e384_z.jpg

Primered

6161136977_91fe85c57e_z.jpg

Paint will be nice and baked, hard by the time I get back out there. Then we will install the Hughs deep aluminum pan... Times running out! :shock: Maybe Mel will slid by the spot and get a few pics of the trans for us :mrgreen:

Elco Warren 8)

you trying to make it out there to the elco thang SSensei? would be great if you an mel could get them "show stoppers" out to the sin :!: show them veg boys how its done in the L.A.nd :wink: looks like next year for mine,opened a whole new" can of mods" thanks to you and your homie lscustoms :mrgreen: u already know"aint nothin to it but to do it!!!" like always,"staying tuned" and anticipating your next gbody move :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor