87 El Camino Daily Driver/Weekend Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
v2vera said:
Whats good big homie OG.. Are you coming down this weekend? Like always I know its last minute. My girl was going to do one of her runs since its running season for her but shes canceling due to her sisters wedding plans. So Im open, im itching to wrench lol. Talked to Mel today and hes not sure if you are, either way Im meeting up with Mel after he gets off work so if you get here (early) cus now I know your 8 am is 11 am lol (after mel punked me last week) Im ready to get work done.. Sonics on me big homie lol
u say SONIC...umm imma need a to go bag HAHAHAHHA

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Warren you making moves man!!...Im loving that the BCT is getting a facelift....shes going to sound bad *ss rolling down the street orr IE....cant wait!!!! :wink:

Man Im tryin to bruh! been watchin everybody go hard in their threads. Tryin to get on yall level. Thanks for checkin back bruh 😀

kuruption109 said:
HOT DAMN!! hes at it again... soon that motor and trans go in the bct im gettin a exclusive 80zbabiez vid!!!1o yea i speak highly of ur work BRO!!

HAHAHA! Yessir! Dont turn the cam on until me and Mel are actually working! :rofl: Thanks fam! I really appreciate all the hard *ss work you do for me bruh. Yall always roll the red carpet out for a britha when Im down.. :mrgreen:

v2vera said:
Whats good big homie OG.. Are you coming down this weekend? Like always I know its last minute. My girl was going to do one of her runs since its running season for her but shes canceling due to her sisters wedding plans. So Im
open, im itching to wrench lol. Talked to Mel today and hes not sure if you are, either way Im meeting up with Mel after he gets off work so if you get here (early) cus now I know your 8 am is 11 am lol (after mel punked me last week) Im ready to get work done.. Sonics on me big homie lol

Oh damn!! I gotta weakness for a Sonic burger and Green apple Sprite! HAHA! Man It aint me...Its my lady and moms. I like to leave right after work 3am. But they all sleepy and want to leave at 6,7,8 am. sh*t i wanna be in tha paint by that time. Thats why I need to get this El running. I'll keep you updated tho. I wasnt gonna come cuz thats another $100+ in gas-And that can be used for some goodies :mrgreen:

Dave V said:
Warren make sure that idlers is the right size cause I had to use part 725. I'm gonna get me that a/c cover at some point as well as the paper steering pulley cover.

Yeah I didnt see a sizing listed for it. All I saw was "universal". I'll compare it to the og one and if its the wrong size, I'll swap it for the other. Thats why I didnt go with the other pwr steering pump pulley or tensioner pulley with the nose cone summit listed. Both pulleis were a tad smaller. I just noticed the pulley you have has the provisions for a nosecone. It isnt pictured with the 3 small tapped holes on the site. Im having the og one chromed tho so its all good-well, I hope they can chrome it :? . Thanks for the heads up brotha!! 😀

Just got the email that parts are being mailed out today. Bout to order my "y" pipes and turn downs for my remote electric cutout ki.t These are made to fit that company's cutouts.

BADYA250.JPG

BADTD250.JPG

All thats left now is the exhaust and 2004r x member from G force. Decided to do te G force cuz I want the extra bracing-Doing a sunroof so I might need the lil extra support the g force gives. Not much left :mrgreen:

Elco Warren 8)

Dave V said:
Warren make sure that idlers is the right size cause I had to use part 725. I'm gonna get me that a/c cover at some point as well as the paper steering pulley cover.

Yeah I didnt see a sizing listed for it. All I saw was "universal". I'll compare it to the og one and if its the wrong size, I'll swap it for the other. Thats why I didnt go with the other pwr steering pump pulley or tensioner pulley with the nose cone summit listed. Both pulleis were a tad smaller. I just noticed the pulley you have has the provisions for a nosecone. It isnt pictured with the 3 small tapped holes on the site. Im having the og one chromed tho so its all good-well, I hope they can chrome it :? . Thanks for the heads up brotha!! 😀

Elco Warren 8)[/quote]

i used the 725 idler and the 710 tensioner. march makes underdive pulleys which i dont like and the 610 power steering pulley was regualr drive thats why i went the route. im sure they can chrome you pulleys should not be that hard. my pulleys for the idler and tensior dont have nose cones and they looked just like you old ones so that is why i ran the above numbers. i love the cutouts thats my next mod......

Lovin the goodies!! Can't wait to install them :banana:

Hey vic there is a sonic walking distance from my house. We can grab some grub before, during, and after we wrench on your engine :mrgreen: Dont worry warren i'll order a green apple sprite in your memory :lol:

Well all the goodies from Summit came in. That was quick. Opened the box to see all the goodies and wasnt too happy. Box for the Tuff Stuff alt had already been opened. No instructions, literature or stickers. Looks good. Cant see any areas that indicate its been mounted..But I want another one... 2nd..Opened the March AC nose cover. The nose tip on the cover is scratched all up. Now normally I wouldnt complain about it cuz Im polishing the cover out. But then i read the instructions on it. Says not to drop, drag blah blah blah and "Used parts are NOT refundable. Scratched or mounted items will be charged a 70% repair and restocking fee" Oh helll naw. Its going back-"point blank simple"(inside joke :mrgreen: )Oh dont tell me your gonna charge me if I sratch it and send me a scratched up part! Its pretty noticable. Since Im getting it polished up it wouldnt be a prob. But now I want a perfect scratch free part. As I should have recieved.. 3rd.. The 740 idler pulley is not like the one pictured on March's site and Summits site. This pulley is all smooth and doesnt have the lip on the edge of the pulley like stock. It looks to be a tad bit smaller like Dave was saying. Its goin back also. Off to UPS I go...

When I saw this I said uh ohhhh...

6173215259_5f90e98d9e_z.jpg

6173739548_d7dbd36b1c_z.jpg

6173210117_6a92f2e420_z.jpg

Since its getting chromed I might not send it back. I just hate spots that set all these rules up and then send out an effed up part...

Alt is def goin back. I dont even wanna take a chance...And I want my dman stickers and literature. HAHA
Staples had been pulled and there was no other shipping packaging other than the plastic wrap. Naw...Goin back..
6173759518_ca9d4d7f3f_z.jpg

6173233853_d5ba79890e_z.jpg

Idler pulley looks different from the one pictured on March's site and Summit. Looked again at Summit and they had other viewable pics. SHows this setup. Just a tad bit to small...

6173735692_11d3020f05_z.jpg

I'll use the credit to get the same tensioner and odler pulley Dave has. Gotta call about my return shipping amount and if its refunded...

Elco Warren 8)

Ahhhh that sucks warren...UPS probley did all that...they dont care about others packages!!! i hate UPS!! :blam:

I have great luck with ups. Its Fed up er I meant Fedx that messes up stuff. This was from the supplier. All the boxes were inside another box from Summit. The March stuff was pre boxed as well. Summit just packages it all up and ships out. Now the Tuff stuff alt was sent like that from Summit. Somebody opened it. Maybe to look and make sure the pulley was right or something. But no instructions, literature or stickers. There should have been some other packaging inside the alt box. It was all loose and moving around.Its all boxed back up goin back in the morn. Luckily I didnt need this stuff asap ya know?

Elco Warren 8)

man that sucks when that happens. get the 725 and 710 from march and you will need two 7/16 washers to get the 710 pulley tight trust me on this lol....call them 1st as they may send a return call tag for this stuff so you dont have to pay the shipping.

Man that sucks, Summit has sum great customer service though, I had to call them a few times and they are great. Hope you get everything sorted out

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor