87 El Camino Daily Driver/Weekend Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave V said:
6 rib pulley is what u need

Yessir!! Im just saying that Im gonna have to call to make sure they put the correct pulley for it in the box. I didnt see a check box to indicate what style you want when ordering. Ive had too many packages from summit come and not be what was pictured or ordered. Meanwhile it puts your project on hold, and time is running short for lil packaging mistakes... Having a hard time with this condenser also. Every spot I find with the one I need says they are out :x I'll keep looking. If its getting too close for comfort it will have to just wait. I'll use the condensor in there now for mockup purposes on where to notch the front header...

I know of a place out here that will have one in stock I'll see if I can find the number. If not I'll stop by there this week when I'm on that side of town

melman109 said:
I know of a place out here that will have one in stock I'll see if I can find the number. If not I'll stop by there this week when I'm on that side of town

Preciate that bruh! Hold up...You mean the alt or the condenser?

Dave V said:
http://www.qualitypowerauto.com/

this is where i got mine and they are in yuccipa,ca

Thanks D!!! 😀

Woke up with a baaaad migraine today. Didnt get a chance to hit "The Hose Man" up to finish off all my hoses. Cool thing is that i can use all the braided line and AN fittings from the ss. I still have a few other lines and fittings to get like the oil out and return lines for that cooler. Imma clean out and use the polished B&M trans cooler from the SS as the motor oil cooler. Saves a lil doe.... Mocked up the filters to see how they look. The other blue would have been perfect. This will work tho...

This setup is about to get welded and chromed out. Show use only...

Bad pics..

6163807759_b7346aab35_b.jpg

6163791845_3be9421308_b.jpg

6163799165_914409fae7_b.jpg

6164346370_ac1dd8497f_b.jpg

H-4 conversion lenses and (4) 50 watt, 6000k (pure white) HID kits. 100% plug and play. Lenses drop right in.

6163810587_d8fdc52f31_b.jpg

braided up! Still some more to go tho...

6163804687_16d4b99d0c_b.jpg

Still a loooong ways to go. Lil nervous cuz Im only able to work on the car on the weekends I go out there. That leaves 4 weekends to get her done. Time to make moves! :twisted:

Elco Warren 8)

Man you are truly a blessing to any Gbody that crosses your path :respect:
I went through your Cardomain page for your SS and when i seen this Elco thread from you i had to check it out. I looked through every page because i know you bring sum great things to the table. Im definitely grabbing that dizzy cap for my build. I also watched your vid on the HID conversions, i have my housings and lights just need to grab the ballasts and connections.

Keep up the work man, i hope my Mally comes out looking that good. I definitely have mad respect for your skills and input even though you be claiming to be a nOOb to the game in some of you posts :lol: I've been stacking parts for about a year for my build and i will start work this winter....look for the thread soon 8)

lildudefl said:
Man you are truly a blessing to any Gbody that crosses your path :respect:
I went through your Cardomain page for your SS and when i seen this Elco thread from you i had to check it out. I looked through every page because i know you bring sum great things to the table. Im definitely grabbing that dizzy cap for my build. I also watched your vid on the HID conversions, i have my housings and lights just need to grab the ballasts and connections.

Keep up the work man, i hope my Mally comes out looking that good. I definitely have mad respect for your skills and input even though you be claiming to be a nOOb to the game in some of you posts :lol: I've been stacking parts for about a year for my build and i will start work this winter....look for the thread soon 8)

Oh woooooow [in my Flava Flav voice :mrgreen: ] Fam I really appreciate those kind words! Preciate you checking the old cardomain pages out to. I need to update em and "clean em up" a lil bit. Thanks for taking a look at the vids as well. Im still kicking myself for taking em all down. I let some fools get the best of me one day and took over 300 vids down. Didnt realize how many peeps were being helped and motivated from the vids. Yeah Im still a newb to all of this. Thats why I love this site(and others) cuz its like we are a band of brothers here to help out with each others projects. Man you got me all pumped up!! Bout to hit the garage and wrnech on somethin! LOL!! Thanks again bruh. We gonna get the old girl back on the road here soon (I hope :shock: )

Ok..Picked up some goodies today(well "online pickup)

B&M Oil cooler kit-Decided not to use my polished B&M cooler from the SS. Saving that for the Malibu. And of course all the lines will be braided and polished "an" fittings :wink:

Decided to go a different route on the headers. These are already ceramic coated by Doug's, but the shop broke the motor in with the headers installed. Messed the finish all up. Decided to go with a blue header wrap. I love the agressive look and with the braided lines, braided plus and silver plug boots, this will bust nicely.

BLUEHW1.JPG

(Thanks to Dave and Mel for the help on these parts below. Preciate you guys!!)
New Tuff Stuff chrome 140 amp alt. Not sure if this alt will supply enough juice for my system im installing but we will see..

March ac pulley cover

March Performance Idler Pulley

alt pulley and nose cover

water pump cover

Remflex Vortec "L31" header gaskets

Also got a few other lil goodies "needed" :mrgreen: for the lil build.. Just playing the waiting game and then we can get all this stuff out to Az and drop it in. I might go this weekend to work on the front core and trans. Mel is dropping my radiator off to get looked at and pressure tested, then its getting repolished. We will also pick up a condensor and accumulator.from out there.... Imma listen to Dave and just get another one. Man the old one polished out so nicely! And that was done over 5 years ago! Hopefully the new accumulator will polish just as nice...Thanks for checkin back. Gettin there!

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

Warren you making moves man!!...Im loving that the BCT is getting a facelift....shes going to sound bad *ss rolling down the street orr IE....cant wait!!!! :wink:

HOT DAMN!! hes at it again... soon that motor and trans go in the bct im gettin a exclusive 80zbabiez vid!!!1o yea i speak highly of ur work BRO!!

Whats good big homie OG.. Are you coming down this weekend? Like always I know its last minute. My girl was going to do one of her runs since its running season for her but shes canceling due to her sisters wedding plans. So Im open, im itching to wrench lol. Talked to Mel today and hes not sure if you are, either way Im meeting up with Mel after he gets off work so if you get here (early) cus now I know your 8 am is 11 am lol (after mel punked me last week) Im ready to get work done.. Sonics on me big homie lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor