87 El Camino Daily Driver/Weekend Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave V said:
Warren with the car in cali it will be easy to work on and you got people who will help u out. So good luck with it all if u need help speak up

Yessir!!! Thanks bruh!!!The car will be back at Tha Roc shop this Fri eve or Saturday morn. Once that motor is dropped in its either being driven home or towed. Im not leaving it there with the motor in it. LOL! Nothings left to do for the el other than wait for parts to come in the mail. Since we arent worried about firing it up, Im not tripping on if the goodies dont make it in time. What I am worried about are the parts that are out ther in AZ getting done. I wanna bring all that back so I can dedicate my dyas and weekends up til the 21st of Oct workin on the El.. I was looking at all the stuff here and adding it up :shock: Thats not including the goodies in Az and whats coming. Mel was laughing cuz this was supposed to be a quick lil drop in. Then the "Well I could just clean this up" bug hit me and now Im broke! 😛 Got the lil prob with my parts taken care of with Summit. Stand up folks over there. Got a return ship label and I'll be sending it out today... Friday cant come quick enough!

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

yep i know all about the well while this off do this etc..i too was just putting the a/c back in and well it went a little further than that and im still not done yet...but once its home let me know im gonna have to take a ride out.

Diiing Dooong! Ups calling...

B&M Super oil cooler kit...Gonna have to find a spot to mount it. Could go on the condenser but the more stuff mounted in front of the radiator, the less air hits it..I have the trans cooler goin on the condenser also. I gotta notch the header panel to fit the trans cooler. That thing is BEEFY!!!

6193101289_a7768e43c6_z.jpg

6193620218_ed924091bb_z.jpg

6193621656_1b957d04b5_z.jpg

6193106617_355bc2acda_z.jpg

6193102417_98891dcae9_z.jpg

Oh its gonna work out nicely!! I have a few other parts to get like the GForce x member, Flo's 40 series mufflers, Tires and all the fluid and stuff. I still gotta do the braided lines for the power steering pump and other lil goodies. This motor transport situation is gonna eat up a lot of the funds :x Swingin out there Friday right when I get the truck. I could get it Thurday and load it up. Then hit the raod friday right when I get off. Hmmmm

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
Diiing Dooong! Ups calling...

B&M Super oil cooler kit...Gonna have to find a spot to mount it. Could go on the condenser but the more stuff mounted in front of the radiator, the less air hits it..I have the trans cooler goin on the condenser also. I gotta notch the header panel to fit the trans cooler. That thing is BEEFY!!!

6193101289_a7768e43c6_z.jpg

6193620218_ed924091bb_z.jpg

6193621656_1b957d04b5_z.jpg

6193106617_355bc2acda_z.jpg

6193102417_98891dcae9_z.jpg

Oh its gonna work out nicely!! I have a few other parts to get like the GForce x member, Flo's 40 series mufflers, Tires and all the fluid and stuff. I still gotta do the braided lines for the power steering pump and other lil goodies. This motor transport situation is gonna eat up a lot of the funds :x Swingin out there Friday right when I get the truck. I could get it Thurday and load it up. Then hit the raod friday right when I get off. Hmmmm

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

NICE! :shock:

Man the goodies keep rollin in! That oil cooler looks sweet! 8) I stopped by the storage today and took a few pics and a vid of the painted 2004r trans and hughes trans pan.

07e3ad96.jpg

b5d4e10f.jpg

150f422e.jpg

[youtube]Euztgk1uhno[/youtube]

SWEEET! Preciate the pics and vid bruh!! Thats wassup! man i can wait to get back out there. My big homie at work is letting me "rent" his Chevy 2500 truck with tow package for 100 for friday and saturday. So we will get as much done and Imma hit the road aroung 1pm Saturday. Summit finally got the returned parts but wont be sending out the new stuff till next week no doubt... :x I wanna get the motor and trans back in,figure out the electrical and get the brackets and stuff hooked up. Cant wait!! 😀

Blasted the headlight bucket pieces...
Clean! :shock:

6194793284_272cdb0bf6_z.jpg

Gonna just clear these and polish my OG set for shows

6194278459_8c65fa6d61_z.jpg

6000k 50 HID's for shinin' on the haterz :wink: Lenses drop right in with boots installed. No modifying the buckets..

6194794466_a5e1771547_z.jpg

Gettin there. 95% of the parts are here. Should have it running soon as I get the car back and the rest of my parts come in...Thanks for checkin back

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

well sounds like your on the right track if your towing the car with a tow dolly back make sure you dont put the drive shaft in as you dont want to burn up the trans. glad to see your on the right track...maybe we will roll out to vegas together after all...lol

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
SWEEET! Preciate the pics and vid bruh!! Thats wassup! man i can wait to get back out there. My big homie at work is letting me "rent" his Chevy 2500 truck with tow package for 100 for friday and saturday. So we will get as much done and Imma hit the road aroung 1pm Saturday. Summit finally got the returned parts but wont be sending out the new stuff till next week no doubt... :x I wanna get the motor and trans back in,figure out the electrical and get the brackets and stuff hooked up. Cant wait!! 😀

Blasted the headlight bucket pieces...
Clean! :shock:

6000k 50 HID's for shinin' on the haterz :wink: Lenses drop right in with boots installed. No modifying the buckets..

Gettin there. 95% of the parts are here. Should have it running soon as I get the car back and the rest of my parts come in...Thanks for checkin back

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

Man I gotta have a sand blaster! these parts are looking better then "factory fresh"

Dave V said:
well sounds like your on the right track if your towing the car with a tow dolly back make sure you dont put the drive shaft in as you dont want to burn up the trans. glad to see your on the right track...maybe we will roll out to vegas together after all...lol

X2 trans gears wont get enough lubrication and burn up, you dont want to ruin that nice *ss looking trans 8) . But man your attention to details is 2nd to none you have done more in these past couple of months then I have in the last three years. Great job! cant wait to see it in person

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor