87 El Camino Daily Driver/Weekend Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe seafoam your motor to clean up any gunk. I personally haven't ever used the stuff but I've heard that it works. At least until you get your new motor. On another note, are you making El Camino led tail lights? I gotta see how you made them, cause I really want some of those!

bigjoenvegas said:
Maybe seafoam your motor to clean up any gunk. I personally haven't ever used the stuff but I've heard that it works. At least until you get your new motor. On another note, are you making El Camino led tail lights? I gotta see how you made them, cause I really want some of those!

Wassup big dog... Man a homie of mine used that and his motor got all messed up. Maybe it broke loose all that gunk that was holdin his motor togehter. LOL! Its time for a new setup. Poor lil motor has 172,000 on it. I just need to get it to AZ. Imma try a few things to see if I can get a little more oil up. Pressure is right on. A friend suggested I tighten the rockers up and see if oil will come up a lil better. He said the same thing happened to him and all he did was tighten em a smidge. I'll give it a try... The led tails i picked up a few months back from this dude that makes em for Fords. He does early Chevy's also. He's supposed to have some upgraded boards by November. I shouild have these installed in a lil bit. Im waiting to get some new lenses....

Elco Warren 8)

Can you hook me up with the guy? How much did they cost to make? I was gonna make some on my own but I don't think I would do that good of a job on them. I would need new lenses too, so I got some time. Good idea on tightening those rockers just a tad. If that dont work just use some marvel mystery oil, maybe that'll get ya to the big AZ! Did you make it to Elco Thang's run? My Dakota's fuel pump took a crap and I had to miss it. I was so bummed, plus it rained pretty good, so I figured everybody prob ran for cover! Next time I guess. Hope everythings going good at tha "Roc Shop".

bigjoenvegas said:
Can you hook me up with the guy? How much did they cost to make? If that dont work just use some marvel mystery oil, maybe that'll get ya to the big AZ!

Oh really? Man the only thing I know Marvel mystry oil for is my brothers pouring it over their Schwinns and burning the paint off. sh*t would be a shiny chrome frame in minute. (this was in the mid 70's) LOL! Imma try that too. Go here for the led info..

http://www.classicleds.com/

The set I have is an older setup. He's redoing the boards and making improvements. I think he said the new setups will be out in mid november. I think I paid $200. Im working on a vid right now and will post it. Is it me or does the "youtube" feature not show the vids? Maybe it cuz all my vids are in widescreen 1080 format... Hmmm

Thanks for that tip bruh. I hope it works. If so, imma keep saving ang do a 383. I dont really need 450-500 hp but if I can squeeze a few more miles outta the old 305, Imma get my save on...LOL! Nope..Didnt make it to the run. All kinds of stuff was goin on. The big homie DC from Elco Thang is prolly done with me 😢 I gotta get out there and support them. They come thru to all the cali events..

Elco Warren 8)

Got the led tails wires up (ghetto rigged for now) to test em out. They are clean!!! Glad I got a set when I did. I contacted the maker for another set and he said he would have more lights around mid November. Im uploading my "Wrenchin Time With Elco Warren" "How to" vids or should I say "how I did it" vids right now.. Looks like I wont be making it out to Az this weekend. My lady isnt feeling too well. This gives me more time to think about goin with a 383. I dont really need gobs of power, but then again :twisted: LOL! Hell I may even swap the SS motor into the elco and go LS in the SS. I'll see. I miss driving the El so I gotta do something soon......I'll keep yall posted.

Elco Warren

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
longie13 said:
Hey warren, do u know where i can get a set of 22 irocs without that 22ll stamp on them. Thanks!

There's a spot out in LA that sells em with tires for around $1300. I just typed in Iroc wheels in the craigslist search and they popped up.

Well the El has been down for a lil bit now. I did a Arizona run( out, back, out, back to cali) last month. Racked up about 1300 miles on the old girl that weekend. Started hearing a lil "clackity clack" noise coming from the driver side. No noise while sitting in idle, but under load you can hear it. I drove it a little more around town and it started getting louder each day. Cars been sitting for a month now. New 350 probably at the end of this week will be dropped in by Chris (Kuruption109), Me and Melman109. I did pull the drivers side valve cover. A bro of mine fired it up and this is what we found. There was barely any oil coming out of the pushrods. I had the heads all covered with rags and what not. The noise is coming from the last 2 rocker arms. But all the rockers have little to no oil coming out. We let the car idle at high rev until at running temp. Kicked it down and still very little oil coming out. Oil pressure was good. Right at 45 on the gauge.

My homey suggested I try a 5w-30 oil. 3 qtz oil and 2qts trans flluid to clean things out. Maybe I could pull the pushrods and see if they are clogged. Im still goin with a new 350, but just wanted to see if I could fix this problem. 1 pump of the pedal and the car fires right up. No power loss at all. Cars pulls nice for 305 with 172,000 miles on it. Chris (Kuruption109) will back that up. Any suggestions? Im gonna do the oil change today and drop the valve covers on and driver her around for a lil bit. I miss driving the old girl! My boys keep sayin I look cute in my girls VW Beetle. Thats not the bizness! LOL!

Anyways...Cant wait to get back on the ol lady. Been working on my SS pretty tuff lately. Time to show her some love. Ive racked upp some nice parts for her over the last few months...

Upper lower control arms and Energy bushings
New brakes, rotors, wheel bearing
Cleaned up my Monte SS sway bars, new bushings and will use on the Elco
LED rear brake lights

4526480805_c0ce8cc2b0_z.jpg

4527114418_141114d30b_z.jpg

And some other goodies. I'll be updating this thread as things progress..

Better days..
3562341790_04d5d1fa1c_z.jpg

Elco Warren 8)
I found a place in La Puente called Audio city wheels and they got some 22 irocs that r made in china, and they come in size 22X9.5 . Are those the ones you got on your elco. The guy said it didnt have that 22 stamp on them. There asking $1400 without tax. Let me know Warren THANKS!!!!!

longie13 said:
I found a place in La Puente called Audio city wheels and they got some 22 irocs that r made in china, and they come in size 22X9.5 . Are those the ones you got on your elco. The guy said it didnt have that 22 stamp on them. There asking $1400 without tax. Let me know Warren THANKS!!!!!

I think thats the place Im talking about. They have a website. Thats where I'll be getting my next set from probably. The Oasis sets are ridiculously overpriced. Mine are a lot different from these new sets being produced. The groove in each blade on my set (Kuruption109's set now) are alot deeper. Makes the blade stand out more. Also the openings inbetween each blad has a lip or edge as you go into the barrel of the wheel. These 2 things make for a huge difference in how the wheel looks. Peeps that are into irocs notice it right away and wonder why their set isnt like em. I have a "spare" iroc on the front passenger side. Its a new styled iroc. The guy at the wheel shop even noticed. He said "Oh these must be an og set" Nothings wrong with the newer sets tho. Just pay attention to how the chrome looks. Some of the iroc out now have a "plastc" looking chrome. Like a hotwheels toy car chrome. You know what i mean? Look for that creamy chrome. sh*t imma take some chrome polish with me and clean em up soI can see how each wheel looks. Ill break a magnifying glass out on em! LOL Just kiddin but you know what I mean. Wherever you get em fro just be sure to check em out thoroughly...

Elco Warren 8)

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
longie13 said:

I think thats the place Im talking about. They have a website. Thats where I'll be getting my next set from probably. The Oasis sets are ridiculously overpriced. Mine are a lot different from these new sets being produced. The groove in each blade on my set (Kuruption109's set now) are alot deeper. Makes the blade stand out more. Also the openings inbetween each blad has a lip or edge as you go into the barrel of the wheel. These 2 things make for a huge difference in how the wheel looks. Peeps that are into irocs notice it right away and wonder why their set isnt like em. I have a "spare" iroc on the front passenger side. Its a new styled iroc. The guy at the wheel shop even noticed. He said "Oh these must be an og set" Nothings wrong with the newer sets tho. Just pay attention to how the chrome looks. Some of the iroc out now have a "plastc" looking chrome. Like a hotwheels toy car chrome. You know what i mean? Look for that creamy chrome. sh*t imma take some chrome polish with me and clean em up soI can see how each wheel looks. Ill break a magnifying glass out on em! LOL Just kiddin but you know what I mean. Wherever you get em fro just be sure to check em out thoroughly...

Elco Warren 8)
323motorsport.com is the website i found on those irocs. They r on Broadway in LA. Check them irocs out. let me know if those r the ones to get. THANKS!

Those look cool bruh. Pretty much the standard chrome 22" iroc. I probably wont be able to find another set like mine tho. But those are clean and no 22jj....

OK gettin my suspension parts together for the Elco. These are the stock parts that came off my SS. I took the upper and lower control arms to work and pressed the old bushing out. Ordered some energy bushings, new ball joints and now Im about ready to get started. Here's what I got so far...

Stock SS upper and lower front control arms with new energy bushings pressed in

New Moog stock front replacement springs

New Wheel bearings

New brake pads and rotors-non x-drilled

Stock Monte SS front and rear sway bar-Cleaning it up-New bushings and endlinks for the front swaybar

Complete front end rebuild kit. Ebay special. Center link, tierods ect....

New rear springs

Airlift 1000 coil spring airbag kit

And some other stuff. To finish off the rear im gonna get a upper/lower trailing arm kit to help with any hopping. Saving for a 383 stroker. I also picked up some rear end gear oil and new gasket. Might as well get er all done up. until I can find a Gnat posi rear :wink:

Pics of the goodies....Lil sandin', primer and semigloss hi temp black will clean em up nicely

5157744724_534d02114d_b.jpg

5157731256_24866f7a4e_b.jpg

5157733300_057f5f7090_b.jpg

5157125987_26e80b471e_b.jpg

New Moog stock front springs and the front and rear sway bar from my SS. Cleanin em up and a fresh coat

5157739104_f5303eea08_b.jpg

5157128095_349eff755d_b.jpg

Bout to get the old girl sittin right again..

:mrgreen: Elco Warren 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor