87 El Camino Daily Driver/Weekend Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
lildudefl said:
love the new signature :wink: :rofl:

:twisted:

kuruption109 said:
DEF do the water pump blue.. and i wud even do the bolts blue to contrast off the chrome parts.. JMO.. LOOKS GREAT THO ...

Imma try it blue and see wassup. If I dont like it I can clean it offand leave it raw with clear. Imma eventually get the right nose cover and you wont see the bolts. The ones holding the waterpump will be some ARP's in SS..

1979ratrod said:
looking really good man! that chrome came out good

Thanks bruh!!!

Dave V said:
water pump blue for sure i have a power steering pulley installer if you need it thats how i did mine....i think your on the right track....i will say you got bigger nuts that me as i wont mess with the clutch on these a/c compressors...

Oh yes!! If you can swing by please bring it bruh. I was gonna just rent one on saturday along with the AC puller setup. After I watched this I felt a lil more comfy with doin it..

[youtube]URqFd3KkSRY[/youtube]

19elcamino82 said:
man the motor is looking great elco warren ... at first i thought that with so much chrome it would be to flashy but man does it actually look real mean ... and so clean you could eat off of it lol ... on suggestion you could do is pinstripe the ballmilled lines on the valvle covers the same blue as the block ... i think it would give it a nice subtle touch... great job!!

Yessir!! The ball milled areas on my valve covers, wire loom holders, pcv, breather and battery covers will get the blue pin striping after I get em all chromed. They are polished. I'll have to let a pro do that one tho. LOL! Ol Elco's hands just aint as steady as they used to be :rofl:

Thanks for checkin back fellas! I know all these mods arent everyones style. But i really appreciate the feedback and suggestions Im getting from everyone. Thanks :!: Just woke up and ready to start on my "Tuesday Worklist" 😀

Elco Warren 8)
80z UP!!!

Wow brah! that engine is something else....SUPER CLEAN!!! you smoke me forsure engine wise...now im going to be getting 2nd place best engine bay 🙁

hahahahahahaha 80zbabiez is coming out hard!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :twisted: :twisted:

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Wow brah! that engine is something else....SUPER CLEAN!!! you smoke me forsure engine wise...now im going to be getting 2nd place best engine bay 🙁

hahahahahahaha 80zbabiez is coming out hard!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :twisted: :twisted:

Thanks fam!!! Gettin there..Naw doggy.. Your bay is hard!! Gonna be a tall order to go up againts it! But you know my get down. Im not in it for the win. I just wanna show dudes how to do it themselves with a lil effort and patience. Cant wait to be parked next to the stunna El at the shows fam. 80z for the WIN!! Soon! Slow and steady.. But I gotta get this thing roadwaorthy and give my fiance her car back. Preciate you checkin back. Gettin there. Chippin away at my "Tues. work list" :wink:

Elco Warren 8)
80z UP!!!

Lookin better and better bro! "Presidential Status".... Can't wait to see it in the car with them headers wrapped in that blue wrap! Killin em! Keep the pics coming!

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:

Don't feel bad saint I won't even place now you and warren gonna have it on lock. Can't wait to see this bad boy up close Saturday

melman109 said:
Lookin better and better bro! "Presidential Status".... Can't wait to see it in the car with them headers wrapped in that blue wrap! Killin em! Keep the pics coming!

Ahhh yea that blur wrappppppp!,,, i forgot about that...!!!thats going to look tight!!!

melman109 said:

Ques up "All hail the Chief" :mrgreen: Thanks bruh! Its cool for what it is. I think Im done after this next lil set of pics Im about to drop..LOL! Now this may not be for everybody..I cleaned and sprayed the wire looms a semi gloss high temp black. The faded and cracked looms were killing me. So I replaced a couple and clean/sprayed the rest.

Before

6236052180_9da8b3ed6b_z.jpg

6235528703_390603e890_z.jpg

6235530317_104ce39e9c_z.jpg

After..

6236057172_8489d9315f_z.jpg

6235535537_c36784b0ef_z.jpg

6236058578_b6fd217376_z.jpg

6235536959_3b20f6f423_z.jpg

My goal is to hide all the wires and looms as much as possible. So this probably wasnt even needed but oh well.

Dayside shots of the motor. I'll start the blue detailing tomorrow...

6235588537_17655cc160_z.jpg

6235586645_d1c58c5188_z.jpg

Got just about everything done that I wanted to do today. Time to head into work....Spraying the water pump after work and cleaning out the interior.... When I get up in the morn I'll start the header cleanup and spray...Header wrap is coming soon.... :mrgreen:

Thanks for checkin back..

Elco Warren 8)
80z

just woke up! dayum! personally I would leave the damn water pump silver, but hell, everything else youve done looks great, i dont think you could go wrong.. Ive said it before, does it really matter what color dress Zoe Saldana has on? really no, im still mesmerized by all that *ss! your el co is going to be a force to be reckoned with!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor