87 El Camino Daily Driver/Weekend Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
kuruption109 said:
DAVE make sure u give him all positive feedback or else the elco will look like the SS and THA RUNT!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

u kidding i hope the planets align and i can make it out there cause im doing somestuff in the am. but ill be sure to give him good vibes as i want to see this car on the road.....

Dave V said:
kuruption109 said:
DAVE make sure u give him all positive feedback or else the elco will look like the SS and THA RUNT!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

u kidding i hope the planets align and i can make it out there cause im doing somestuff in the am. but ill be sure to give him good vibes as i want to see this car on the road.....
lol... ill b in highland with the ladies this weekend take them shopping for winter clothes.so i wont b able to make to warrens

Dave V said:
kuruption109 said:

NOPE!! Aye Chris.... Dave doesnt know me yet. I'll tear it all apart and back to da drawing board :shock: :rofl: Hope to see you this weekend bruh...

Mocked up some of the chrome stuffs to see how I liked it....Imma add a splash of blue here and there to accent and flow with the block..

6234196736_4aecc6f339_b.jpg

6234197912_83d1e30663_b.jpg

6234199170_96c51f4c3d_b.jpg

6234205756_0265584479_b.jpg

I sand blasted down in the crankshaft pulley and will paint this area blue. The bolts and washer will be chromed

6233677843_e60a2882b8_b.jpg

I think I want to paint the water pump blue and leave the fins silver. Might look clean with the chrome pulley over the blue

6233676571_ddd57d740c_b.jpg

The power steering pulley needs to be pressed on. Other things I might do are to paint the areas down in the tensioner & idler pulley cover blue-and chrome the bolt. The idler face will get done in blue also. These lil hints of blue should break up the chrome. The sandblasted and clear coated bolts looks sharp to me againts the brackets. I still need to get the ac compressor pully-pulled off and chrome it. The March nose will get dipped as well. I picked up a water pump nose and the holes didnt line up. I have a long water pump and ordered a long water pump nose. Wont work. I wonder if its different cuz the water pump is reverse rotation. I'll call summit up and see what it dew...Still alot to do but Im loving the outcome so far....

Todays worklist:

finish cleaning up all the wires. Re-tape em

finish working on cleaning up the wire looms-Paint em with some SEM black.

Extend the lighting harness wires maybe-I may need to do this cuz of how Im hiding the wires.

Touch up a few areas on the core support

Clean out the interior

Imma keep the daily worklist short and simple. That way I dont get burnt out and can chip away at it :wink:

Thanks for checking back 😀

Elco Warren 8)
80z UP!!!

love the new signature :wink: :rofl:

DEF do the water pump blue.. and i wud even do the bolts blue to contrast off the chrome parts.. JMO.. LOOKS GREAT THO ...

water pump blue for sure i have a power steering pulley installer if you need it thats how i did mine....i think your on the right track....i will say you got bigger nuts that me as i wont mess with the clutch on these a/c compressors...

man the motor is looking great elco warren ... at first i thought that with so much chrome it would be to flashy but man does it actually look real mean ... and so clean you could eat off of it lol ... on suggestion you could do is pinstripe the ballmilled lines on the valvle covers the same blue as the block ... i think it would give it a nice subtle touch... great job!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor