87 El Camino Daily Driver/Weekend Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Servin Parts up Hot and Fresh!!!

LSCustoms said:
just woke up! dayum! personally I would leave the damn water pump silver, but hell, everything else youve done looks great, i dont think you could go wrong.. Ive said it before, does it really matter what color dress Zoe Saldana has on? really no, im still mesmerized by all that *ss! your el co is going to be a force to be reckoned with!

Preciate that "Big Lil Bro" :mrgreen: Thanks for swingin up to the job and kickin it with me for a lil bit. Its coming along. Bay is done. I can drop the motor in any time now... :wink:

Dave V said:
Skip both you and warren will be a force to rekon with indeed.

Thanks D!!! Fam I'm just trying to get on yall level just a lil bit. Im learning a great deal by just gettin in there. I love arts/crafts type of shiz so this lil stuff is right up my alley. We gettin there!!!! :mrgreen:

Tha Roc SHop Bakery is open fa biznezz! We servin pipin' hot parts FRESH out the oven (well easy bake oven-LOLOL!) :rofl:

I'm thinking this will aid in hardening the paint(curing it) faster. I bake em at 300 for 5 mins. Then let cool for 5. Bake at 350 for 7 mins, then cool for 7 (ect up til 500 degree)

Added a lil detail to the chromed tensioner and idler bearing covers. The other bolts have been sand blasted and clear coated with Eastwood "Bare Metal" clear coat. Good up to 350 degrees...

6238108589_ba471a598b_z.jpg

6238110903_e48fd97390_z.jpg

6238644124_8b4a3d3d03_z.jpg

6238117271_7a3f06705f_z.jpg

6238641542_cb1bef6e81_z.jpg

6238635758_6a5a19083f_z.jpg

I just finished the last "batch" :rofl: and will let these sit in a cool spot til Friday. Should work cool. I decided to just clear the water pump. If I had another one sittin around I could have sprayed it blue and mocked it up for comparison. Hmmm. Junk yardin' time 🙂

6238645984_4f9f99cd44_z.jpg

I did add a lil blue on the tip. Its gettin a nose cone anyways and will be covered. I gotta find the right cover that will work with this water pump. Mine is a long style and thats the nose cover I got. Holes dont line up. I wonder if its not fitting because its a reverse style pump :? Hmmm...Welp! On to the next project.--Running/hiding the headlight wiring harness and looms... Thanks for checkin back..

Elco Warren 8)

Re: Servin Parts up Hot and Fresh!!!

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
LSCustoms said:
just woke up! dayum! personally I would leave the damn water pump silver, but hell, everything else youve done looks great, i dont think you could go wrong.. Ive said it before, does it really matter what color dress Zoe Saldana has on? really no, im still mesmerized by all that *ss! your el co is going to be a force to be reckoned with!

Preciate that "Big Lil Bro" :mrgreen: Thanks for swingin up to the job and kickin it with me for a lil bit. Its coming along. Bay is done. I can drop the motor in any time now... :wink:

Dave V said:
Skip both you and warren will be a force to rekon with indeed.

Thanks D!!! Fam I'm just trying to get on yall level just a lil bit. Im learning a great deal by just gettin in there. I love arts/crafts type of shiz so this lil stuff is right up my alley. We gettin there!!!! :mrgreen:

Tha Roc SHop Bakery is open fa biznezz! We servin pipin' hot parts FRESH out the oven (well easy bake oven-LOLOL!) :rofl:

I'm thinking this will aid in hardening the paint(curing it) faster. I bake em at 300 for 5 mins. Then let cool for 5. Bake at 350 for 7 mins, then cool for 7 (ect up til 500 degree)

Added a lil detail to the chromed tensioner and idler bearing covers. The other bolts have been sand blasted and clear coated with Eastwood "Bare Metal" clear coat. Good up to 350 degrees...

6238108589_ba471a598b_z.jpg

6238110903_e48fd97390_z.jpg

6238644124_8b4a3d3d03_z.jpg

6238117271_7a3f06705f_z.jpg

6238641542_cb1bef6e81_z.jpg

6238635758_6a5a19083f_z.jpg

I just finished the last "batch" :rofl: and will let these sit in a cool spot til Friday. Should work cool. I decided to just clear the water pump. If I had another one sittin around I could have sprayed it blue and mocked it up for comparison. Hmmm. Junk yardin' time 🙂

6238645984_4f9f99cd44_z.jpg

I did add a lil blue on the tip. Its gettin a nose cone anyways and will be covered. I gotta find the right cover that will work with this water pump. Mine is a long style and thats the nose cover I got. Holes dont line up. I wonder if its not fitting because its a reverse style pump :? Hmmm...Welp! On to the next project.--Running/hiding the headlight wiring harness and looms... Thanks for checkin back..

Elco Warren 8)

Wow super clean!!! did u use high temp blue paint??? Looking so good brah!!!!!

While ur baking can u bake me some cookies????? lmao :rofl: :rofl:

Re: Servin Parts up Hot and Fresh!!!

Dave V said:
amazing work my friend.....

Fam I really appreciate the input. 😀 Cant wait for you to swing thru Saturday and see it all in person. For a newb it looks pretty legit. A pro would have did things a lil cleaner but Im happy with how its turning out...

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Wow super clean!!! did u use high temp blue paint??? Looking so good brah!!!!!

While ur baking can u bake me some cookies????? lmao :rofl: :rofl:

Man We servin hot and fresh motor mocha cookies, camshaft cookies and whatever else we can think of in tha shop!!! Yessir! Same high temp blue Rustolium engine paint I used on the block bruh :wink:

Got the wires for the headlight ran and tucked away. Looks clean! Imma leave the rest of the wires alone til the motor is in. Not sure what will be needed from the harness for the ac and other stuffs. Taking a quick break and then I'll snap a few pics before work..

Elco "Tha Chef"Warren 8)

back mask the "edelbrock" letters on the pump, do that in blue and clear the whole thing... tape over the entire pump, use blue painters tape... get a sharp razor, cut in the raised portion of the letters (the side of the letters) to expose only the letter and to help keep it clean looking, paint it blue, take all the tape off, clear the whole thing...

LSCustoms said:
back mask the "edelbrock" letters on the pump, do that in blue and clear the whole thing... tape over the entire pump, use blue painters tape... get a sharp razor, cut in the raised portion of the letters (the side of the letters) to expose only the letter and to help keep it clean looking, paint it blue, take all the tape off, clear the whole thing...

Already in effizzect bruh bruh. Im doing the ribs in blue as well..

Mocked the parts up..

6239334254_d47ede335c_z.jpg

Bolt will be chromed or ARP SS bolts later..

6239336076_e83acbbc22_z.jpg

6238817777_ab1e71c27e_z.jpg

6239330844_674a64f60c_z.jpg

6238806693_bff201c961_z.jpg

Inside of the alt pulley will be done in blue as well as thew torx head bolts...

6239325304_1e43c250b2_b.jpg

Damn..Time for work!

Elco "runnin late" Warren :mrgreen:

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
LSCustoms said:

Leave the ribs alone, and Ill tell you why, if you dont, after you do it (and not from a design stand point) :rofl:
people under estimate my skill set (with this paintin stuff), so they will get a little taste of what I can really do... soon :rofl:

anyhow, gonna be a shame... once i pull up next to you and the gravitational force from my car pullin, makes all that pretty sh*t on your motor come off and try to cling to my car :rofl: j/k (about the stuff actually coming off, but its gonna try 8) )

May as well paint the entire engine bay, with that silver you like (real paint and clear)... if I know you any better, this el co will be painted pretty damn soon too...

LSCustoms said:
Bumpin1ohmSS said:
LSCustoms said:

Leave the ribs alone, and Ill tell you why, if you dont, after you do it (and not from a design stand point) :rofl:
people under estimate my skill set (with this paintin stuff), so they will get a little taste of what I can really do... soon :rofl:

anyhow, gonna be a shame... once i pull up next to you and the gravitational force from my car pullin, makes all that pretty sh*t on your motor come off and try to cling to my car :rofl: j/k (about the stuff actually coming off, but its gonna try 8) )

May as well paint the entire engine bay, with that silver you like (real paint and clear)... if I know you any better, this el co will be painted pretty damn soon too...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :mrgreen: .... He is going to be in the paint booth as soon as he gets her back on the road. Then she will sit in the garage :lol: This is a show car bruh I dont care what you say anymore!!!!

Dave V said:
Damn warren its looking good and Saturday we will get that power steering pulley on cause seeing the motor dressed without the pulley is like looking a fat chick with a thong it just ain't right lol......

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hahahahaha Man that looks real sweet! can't get enough of the details!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor