87 Monte SS

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's coming out real clean Warren. 5*s

I have red interior i my silver SS not as bad as yours looked but im going to paint my whole interior black as well.Great job on the interior painting and all the work you have done to your car i cant wait till it gets warm over here in NY lol.

86_olds said:
tell me how u like they rustoleum vynil paint

I hate it! LOL! But I love that Easy grip thing. Easy on the hands...I should have known better. I thought I had a couple more cans of SEM on the shelves, but didnt. I got the Rustolium cuz this is a temp job until I can afford to get the seats done. I used the Rustolium on the passenger lower door panel. It sprays out thick and clumpy. This was the same problem I had when I did my wheel wells. I had to use my heat gun to help smooth the paint out. Same thing on the door panel. I was used to how smooth and even the SEM flowed out the can. The other prob with the Rustolium is the smell. Its really strong smelling. Even after it dries. SEM had a "sweet" scent that went away after it dried up. I painted 99% of the interior with SEM and you couldnt smell it in the house. That last panel and seat bottoms I sprayed left a strong smell that made its way into the house. That was just from 1/2 a can! I just went out to the shop (8 hours later) and I can still smell it.The lower door trim will be coming off so I can fit the panels with the single 6.5 driver in em. I'll respray those with SEM satin black...

melman109 said:
Awww man the seats and door panels came out real SSweet!!

Thanks bruh! If I wasnt redoing the seats and door panels at a shop, Id have to go back over it all. It can be done and come out really clean I see. Its all in the prep. This will work for now. Its alot better that it looked bfore. If I can get the bread together to do the dash, seats and panels before summer that will work. If not, the respray is good enough...

T-TOP TONY said:
damn bro its looking real good
Thanks T!! Not as clean of a job as you did, but it looks 100% better than the ashy burgandy looked. LOL!

84ElCamino said:
It's coming out real clean Warren. 5*s

Thanks O!!! Preciate that. I'll be gettin with you soon as I get the cashflow for the dash wrap, seats and upper panels. Just like yours. I loved the stiching Big L has on his. Gotta have that.....I'll get with you soon. Thanks for the love on this and the hookup on the shop you guys deal with... 8)

85montanezSS said:
I have red interior i my silver SS not as bad as yours looked but im going to paint my whole interior black as well.Great job on the interior painting and all the work you have done to your car i cant wait till it gets warm over here in NY lol.

Thanks bruh!! If the seats didnt have some other issues goin on, I could have dyed em a lil more and been really happy. If they were all vinyl it would have turned out killer(for a homegrown job) Its all in the prep. I did a rush job and it still came out ok. Thanks again for checkin back on it. Still a loooong ways to go...

youngdeezy said:
you did that 1. i like that spray gun setup thats was cool as hell. once you lite them gauges up, thats gonna make you love it that much better.

Thanks for checkin back bruh! Preciate the love on the lil project. Yessir! That easy grip hookup really helps on the hands and figer tips alot. Staying nice and comfy while spraying is a must!! That piece makes it feel like a real gun ya dig.....It came out cool for a homegrown job. I can see where it can be better, but this gives me an idea of what Ive been wanting to do for years now....

Didnt do much today cuz my lady isnt feelin to well. But I got the seats back together and mocked the driver side up. The I can still see the burgandy thru the dye a little., but im not gonna respray em. I should be able to get the seats and dash done in a couple months...Black with silver piping for the seats and black with silver stiching for the dash..

5525199240_9202424ee4_b.jpg

5525200686_9606d6b0ff_b.jpg

5524611183_5da7ce015a_b.jpg

5524618109_9c7d09a82b_b.jpg

5525204202_ab291849c7_b.jpg

5525205864_1ae0447c95_b.jpg

5524619657_f763da49eb_b.jpg

Workin on my power mirror setup and running the wires and stuff. Might as well since the panels are off....Thanks for checkin back..

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

86_olds said:
so on the sem cans do they spray flat ? like a vertical stream

Yessir! Thats why I love SEM. Krylon Fusion is another good one. The spray pattern is really nice on both. That Rustolium sprays out in a thin circular pattern. Makes it hard to "overlap" by an inch or so while praying. SEM has a nice wide, smooth vertical pattern. It flows out even. I had to stand back damn near 2 feet to spray the Rusto...It shot out of the can like wasp killer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor