87 Monte SS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Tony upper door panels when I went to his crib this weekend to help with the dash install. Super Clean. The whole interior set up. Sorry I couldn't make it out your way. The wife only signed for 1/2 Trip Slip and not Full. But we will definately make it out t the ROC Shop. The whole crew. We've been talking about it.

Oh its all good fam! My bad for missing out. I was up all night cleaning the shop up for when you guys swung thru. I laid down at 7am, and that was all she wrote! LOL! Yeah bruh...Tony's interior had me goin. I had to get on him a lil about just lettin that sweet *ss SS just sit there tho :x LOL! Waaaay too many clean mods finished up in there to just let em get messed up now...I went straight home after kickin it with T and got down on my interior parts. OH!! JJ swung thru. Young bro with the clean *ss Choo choo(silver). He found me by watching one of my vids. LOL! He knows this town in and out cuz I live on some back streets. I was choppin it up with another homie and JJ pulls up. We kicked it until 2am this morn choppin it up about rides, parts and plans. Man time fly's when you talkin Chevy! LOL! Good times tho. Hopefully you guys can swing thru soon when the weather gets better. We can have a BBQ anddo some wrenchin...

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

Da Reazon said:
man y'all make me wanna get some 442 door panels now I just wish my upholsterer would be able to replace the chrome strip because that material on the back would be suede in no time them panels remind me of some Jordan's.

Yessir! Thats the plan right there. I sprayed em up so I could get an idea of how it would look. Love it. And its gonna "Clean" the interior up a bit until I get the cashflow for the interior hookup. I have another dash waiting to be wrapped also.

Worked on the carb today. I had a line hooked up wrong. This carb has alot more going on than the 4150 that came with the motor. The PCV hookup is in the front of the carb. The other carb has the hookup on the side. I check back in the manual and corrected that. Car was running rich big time. My eyes were burnin. Broke the light out, capped the carb and vac can off and set the timing to 12 deg btdc. I still need to get the total timing. Reading up and watching vids on timing to get a better understanding of how it works. But no more burning eyes. It was at around 30 deg btdc. That trippped me out cuz with the old carb it was right at 10 deg. Hmmm... I still have a lot to learn about all of this but its fun. I also checked the floats. Gas is sitting right at the bottom of the opening. Holley supplied some "glass sights" but I didnt want to pop em in cuz I thought they would yellow. I gues I could use em to set the floats if needed. The last thing I need to adjust is the choke. Its not opening all the way when the motor is at operating temp. Seems pretty easy to do. I have to tap the lil red arm to get the choke to open, then the idel drops. Fast idle speed is at 1500. When i flick the red arm, choke opens and the idle drops to around 680-700. But when i tap the gas, choke closes and the idle goes back up to 1500. Thhis is after 7 minutes of warm up and at operating temp. I'll check the manual to see what to do....

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
Da Reazon said:
man y'all make me wanna get some 442 door panels now I just wish my upholsterer would be able to replace the chrome strip because that material on the back would be suede in no time them panels remind me of some Jordan's.

Yessir! Thats the plan right there. I sprayed em up so I could get an idea of how it would look. Love it. And its gonna "Clean" the interior up a bit until I get the cashflow for the interior hookup. I have another dash waiting to be wrapped also.

Worked on the carb today. I had a line hooked up wrong. This carb has alot more going on than the 4150 that came with the motor. The PCV hookup is in the front of the carb. The other carb has the hookup on the side. I check back in the manual and corrected that. Car was running rich big time. My eyes were burnin. Broke the light out, capped the carb and vac can off and set the timing to 12 deg btdc. I still need to get the total timing. Reading up and watching vids on timing to get a better understanding of how it works. But no more burning eyes. It was at around 30 deg btdc. That trippped me out cuz with the old carb it was right at 10 deg. Hmmm... I still have a lot to learn about all of this but its fun. I also checked the floats. Gas is sitting right at the bottom of the opening. Holley supplied some "glass sights" but I didnt want to pop em in cuz I thought they would yellow. I gues I could use em to set the floats if needed. The last thing I need to adjust is the choke. Its not opening all the way when the motor is at operating temp. Seems pretty easy to do. I have to tap the lil red arm to get the choke to open, then the idel drops. Fast idle speed is at 1500. When i flick the red arm, choke opens and the idle drops to around 680-700. But when i tap the gas, choke closes and the idle goes back up to 1500. Thhis is after 7 minutes of warm up and at operating temp. I'll check the manual to see what to do....

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC
I was looking at your carb pics maybe you dont have power to the coke coil, Or it needs a ground I think there were two terminals on your choke.

Your interior came out sweet bruh! I just did mine right quick to give me an idea of how it would look. And it turned out decent for a home jobber. Thanks for chiming in bruh!! Preciate that. The wire is hooked up. I turned the key and used my test light. No charge going to it. Checked the fues bax.The choke 15 amp fuse was blown. I had tested it earlier and maybe I touched the ground by chance and blew the fuse. I checked it before starting to be sure the choke was getting power. Just decided to look again and yep!. It was popped. Popping in another one and trying it out before I head to work....

Elco Warren 8)

youngdeezy said:
now kanye but my boy be going HAM. nice work and its good to see others gettin down cause i need the motivation. im dealing with setbacks but thats part of the game. keep grinding man keep grindin

Bruh I appreciate the love. That keeps me goin strong. Some days I feel like throwin the towel in. LOL!

84sscutty said:
Alright now Warren, I'm glad your taking your time to do it right, but I'm ready to come pick up my SS. LOL. Great work so far, I'm always waiting for the next mod.

HAHAHA! Im lovin it! Thanks for checkin the old guy out...

kuruption109 said:
hot damn those pieces came out nice!!!

The interior mod king himself has spoken. it must be official. I got that 80z approval. :mrgreen:

Got the upper/lower driver side panels off this morn and started preppin for paint...

5514244055_132b9c1a8e_z.jpg

5514243027_b932e05b91_z.jpg

had these made for the rear. They match my dash panel

5514242047_4c6db9aa7b_z.jpg

5514240399_5c703722b0_z.jpg

Just mocked it up to see how it will look. Hittin the sack so I can get up early and get back on it...

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor