87 Monte SS

Status
Not open for further replies.
uneek1976 said:
Warren what's the part number for the promoter?

I ran out of the SEM promoter. That ish worked nice!! I'll have to look thru my cardomain page. There is a pic of the can on the page I think. I snatched up some Duplicolor adhesion promoter from autozone. I cant really vouch for it yet. Time will tell. I'll ask TTop Tony what he used... It just reads "Dupli-Color Adhesion Promoter" CP199 is the only number I see on the can where they scan for a price check...

Elco Warren 8)

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
uneek1976 said:
Warren what's the part number for the promoter?

I ran out of the SEM promoter. That ish worked nice!! I'll have to look thru my cardomain page. There is a pic of the can on the page I think. I snatched up some Duplicolor adhesion promoter from autozone. I cant really vouch for it yet. Time will tell. I'll ask TTop Tony what he used... It just reads "Dupli-Color Adhesion Promoter" CP199 is the only number I see on the can where they scan for a price check...

Elco Warren 8)

Just found it fam, right from sem's site #39863 is for the promoter.

Sweet. The can I had was 6 years old. I remember I had to shoot a light coat and let "flash" for 5 minutes. Then I hit it with a wet coat and let it flash for 20 minutes. The surface was ready for paint after that...I I'll see how this Dupli-Color works out. I'll get a few cans of the SEM from my spot for the Elco. Thanks for the #...Bout to spray the lower door panel now. 😀

Elco Warren 8)

Warren just seen your message on youtube & relpied. The same reply is in your PM

youngdeezy said:
well damn thats why mel is my boy lol. i already know what joint you talking about cause i plan to buy the same $100 1 from HF but when you get it a word of advice use some lincoln .35 flux core wire with it. the welder says it good up to .30 but thats not true its .35
I have that same welder & my wire slips a lot. Other than that, its a pretty good welder I'm going to try that .35 wire when this wire runs out.

86_olds said:
ey yo warren were did u buy the sem paint from cuz ive checked online and they say the dont ship to cali

A spot out in San Bernardino called U Sav More paint supply. There's another spot in Riverside but I cant remember the name. Last I checked, the store locator had multiple spots in Cali. Maybe they wont ship here cuz of the age thing. You gotta be of age to purchase at stores and theres no way to "card" a person if shipped. I'm 43 and they still card me at the counter...Just guessing at it.. Imma have to snatch me up one of those welders. TTOP Tony got me all geeked up over those 03 SS seats he has in his S. I could fab up some brackets like he did in no time flat. Imma go check it out in the morning...I'll check that old thread out to see what model it is...

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

Got a little work done today. My lady isnt feeling too well so it looks like Im done for the weekend. Here's what I got so far..

Took the front seats out. They are in pretty rough shape but at least they wont look so "ashy" lol

5521114799_42be85c953_z.jpg

5521124955_58447f64b3_z.jpg

vacuum'd em up and cleaned the vinyl with purple power , water and then acetone..

I used some Rustolium flat black on the cloth area. I didnt want to spend all the cash on the good stuff (SEM) since these will be re covered later...Took 3 cans per seat. I did use SEM on the vinyl tho. 1/2 can to do both seats.

5521739712_fbfb290522_b.jpg

5521737232_d7723afc42_b.jpg

5521172645_6e0cbbc376_b.jpg

I cleaned, primered and painted the seat rails as well. These will be powder coated later. Like I said, I just did this right quick to see how things will look. I used my heat gun to help the paint cure. Sorta baked it on...

5521151639_b835b1f765_b.jpg

5521155769_c462d89006_b.jpg

Finished these up also. You can still see the old burgandy a lil bit in the carpeting area along the bottom of the lower panel, but with them inside the car you wont notice it. The carpeting and fabric suck the paint up biiig time.

5521765502_e0a1582f9f_b.jpg

5521170129_48b34abda1_b.jpg

5521166751_870b7e6b8d_b.jpg

5521730706_c173f91860_b.jpg

Imma let everything sit for a few days. if the sun is out tomorrow, I'll leave em out and let the heat "bake" the paint on....Still gotta do the passenger side lower panel.....

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

Lue said:
That looks really sharp Warren

Thanks bruh!! I just finished the passenger side. I even replaced all the broken tabs that help hold in the lower panel. Ran out of SEM and used some rustolium. Maybe I had a bad can but it sucks. Sputters out in lil clumps. Took the can back and the new can did the same. I took the cap off and soaked it, didnt help. SEM is the BESt to me. This is a temp job just to see it all black. Then I can visualize if I want stitching or silver piping and so on. Really happy with the way its coming out. Not the best, but waaaay better than it looked. Getting my dash wrapped next. Black with charcoal stitching...

I saw this after I was 90% of the way done sprayin. makes spraying easy on your lil finger tips!! :wink:

5521552235_755dd1d51e_z.jpg

5522144282_11e456df59_z.jpg

Works sweet! Especially if you are painting something big. No drips at all. I kept getting drips from not watching how far up over the spray tip my finger was. I cant wait to paint something else now! :lol:

Elco Warren 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor