BUILD THREAD 87 SS, 305 is the one who knocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
Well i guess i knew i wasn't going to wait to order this stuff but holley announcing christmas pricing kinda sold me, it dropped our supplier pricing just a fuzz so i went full send and ordered parts.
Settled on my stroker kit, decided on the afr heads next i just need to talk to comp and see what cam set up they recommend as i want to spin this to 6500-7000 so ive got some things to decide on valvetrain and i need their help.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
just got my waterpump in need to get rid of that junk mr gasket thermostat as well. got a big ole wish list of arp parts just about everything they offer for the sbc, time to start stacking parts again eagle stroker kit will likely be the last thing i get. next to order will be afr 195 heads 7/16 rockers, 1.6 scorpion rockers, and stud girdles, i think this time around i might add clear valve covers, eliminator intake from afr. and i plan to go from the flex a lite black magic fan that is 3k cfm, to a perma cool cool pack that is 6k cfm, from there if she's still a fuzz to hot i'll get a griffin radiator that is much larger than the mishimoto radiator i have now and swap to a trans cooler that is separate. also need to figure of the issue of the fuel line being to close to the headers boiling fuel and vapor locking the car.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
just ordered led switchback led turns so they will run bright white then turn signals will turn off the white and blink amber
1578806463666.png

rustydustydoc

Apprentice
Nov 28, 2019
Keep us posted on the headlights, might have to get me a set!

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I'm curious about those, too. From what I saw, there isn't a 3 way bulb made that will do parking light function in addition to the DRL and turn.
I don't want white parking lights.....

• Agree

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
prolly gonna catch more crap over these headlights then my current ones but im going to some hot boi headlights to match some underglow i may be considering ordering just to be that way.
View attachment 133290

IMG_2168.JPG

You won't get any shot from me. I was skeptical when my son bought them and you will definitely have a minor bit of the Chinaman's revenge getting them installed, but they are waaaaaay brighter than the stock, 80's technology.

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
You won't get any shot from me. I was skeptical when my son bought them and you will definitely have a minor bit of the Chinaman's revenge getting them installed, but they are waaaaaay brighter than the stock, 80's technology.

i have chinese retina killers on the car now, so i hope they aren't too much less output. do the headlight buckets need to be modified ? did you do a write up for install or post any pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor