BUILD THREAD 87 SS, 305 is the one who knocks

Turbolq4

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
What did the dyno return numbers wise? That's a nice car, I prefer the squared off rear to the aero coupes.

jakes87SS

jakes87SS

Master Mechanic
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
What did the dyno return numbers wise? That's a nice car, I prefer the squared off rear to the aero coupes.
260 whp but i was just out of the brake in period with base timing and no tune on the fi-tech on a 350 with decent heads and intake that are on it, i believe with some timing and a tune i can get that closer to 290 whp but hard to say i still have a stroker kit in mind.

jakes87SS

jakes87SS

Master Mechanic
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
so went and did some spirited dr
Yep, fix it lol. Just kidding man. You gotta remove the wheel, pretty much all the guts(turn signal cam, ignition cylinder, etc to get down to the torx head bolts. There are 4 of them and most likely they're loose. Remove them, clean the threads and put some blue thread locker on them, install. Then just reverse the removal process and bam!
as it continued to get worse i decided it was time to fix it, i was afraid it wold be so bad id need a new column but turn out just needed the ole loc-tite and re torqued, i added the steering wheel i got from 83montess. super cool dude, went and did some cruising up around lake erie that day then got home and got started on this i think the new wheel really makes it look different. the b&m stealth ratchet shifter is covered up by a 86 toyota pickup 4wd 5speed shifter boot.

Injectedcutty

Injectedcutty

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Awesome, glad to see you got it fixed. It's not a bad job once you've done it. I've had my column apart a few times over the years.

jakes87SS

jakes87SS

Master Mechanic
Jul 25, 2017
ohio

found some cool graffiti up in cleveland this weekend, me and a few friends are going to go to detroit in a few weeks, i found some cool graffiti and mural spots in detroit. then it will be back up about a month after that as i'm going to radwood detroit

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor