9 inch ford gbody help

Status
Not open for further replies.

87cutty

Greasemonkey
Feb 4, 2016
I have been looking for a 9 inch rear end for my 87 cutlass. Unless u wana spend 1000 bucks on just housing and axles u cant really get one. If any one has one for sale or any other ideas would be appriciated thx.

I believe your only other option is to find an old housing and weld the control arm mounts and spring perches on yourself.

They aren't a cheap upgrade. I believe I have around $3500 invested in mine with a spool and a cheap disk brake setup.

Buy a 12 bolt and call it a day, just as strong as the Ford 9"

I have seen 9" rears a few times in rollers (cars with no engine or trans) and they will only be asking a couple thousand, some would be worth buying and either swap rears or take it out and part the rest of the car out.

I have seen 9" rears a few times in rollers (cars with no engine or trans) and they will only be asking a couple thousand, some would be worth buying and either swap rears or take it out and part the rest of the car out.
Ya i just dont have the kind of budget

R the mounts the same? Or would i have to get the mounts welded on too?

the mounts are there and they sell conversion uppers. I use UMI conversion uppers. If you do find a 9" rear end for a cheap price make sure you or someone you trust put a straight edge down the axle tubes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor