9 inch ford gbody help

Status
Not open for further replies.

87cutty

Greasemonkey
Feb 4, 2016
Thanks. I was close to buying a 9" from Quick Performance. Close to the same price I paid. Considered a Turbo 400 for a long time but went with the overdrive. The stumbling block was the electronic control, but researched and found Jake's has a controller for $200, and I can swing that.
I think someone mentioned already, you could run a spool with your track center section and limited slip in the street one. That would be cool. For me, having an overdrive is more economical than buying two center sections.
Good luck with whatever you decide on.
Thx for all the insight! Appriciate it

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
Im in SW MI, Im actually going down to St. Louis next weekend.

Thats the thing, It was made by a circle track chassis builder. Ill take some pics and do some measuring tonight.
Housing, no axles. I have a 28 spline mini spool center I dont need that I might throw in too. I have to re check the gear ratio.

87cutty

Greasemonkey
Feb 4, 2016
Im in SW MI, Im actually going down to St. Louis next weekend.

Thats the thing, It was made by a circle track chassis builder. Ill take some pics and do some measuring tonight.
Housing, no axles. I have a 28 spline mini spool center I dont need that I might throw in too. I have to re check the gear ratio.
Okay. Ya just leme know on the width and stuff

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
Ill get it tonight for you. All the mounts are there, cut to fit axles are relatively inexpensive as well.

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
400? 550 w/ 3rd member? If its not bent and none of the mounts are "off".
Apparently the 3rd member has new gears in it. I want to say 4:56s If I remember correctly. Not great for the street but you could probably trade them to somebody, or keep it for a good 1/8 mile gear?

87cutty

Greasemonkey
Feb 4, 2016
400? 550 w/ 3rd member? If its not bent and none of the mounts are "off".
Apparently the 3rd member has new gears in it. I want to say 4:56s If I remember correctly. Not great for the street but you could probably trade them to somebody, or keep it for a good 1/8 mile gear?
Wel honestly man i can get a brand new one for that price from quick performance. The price would have to come down to make a deal on it. If u come down on the price for that housing, i would be interested in that third memeber for sure

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
I can come down 100, It has brake brackets on it too.
I didnt realize QP was that cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor