9" inch rear shopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
Hoping for a little input or to save me a few bucks.

Im going to be putting a 9" in my 79 monte. I have been looking around.

any input on a regular 9" housing vs a moser m9? Ive thought about going with the M9 and spending a few more bucks but is it worth it?

any place you know that has a better price for a complete set up with brakes and such?

Dugan

Greasemonkey
Jun 15, 2011
I got a 9in housing, no brake backing plates but I have some I could add, has nylon center section nuts, no center. 500$ located in NJ

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
great site.

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
So you guys have used quick performance? I actually have been emailing the guy. I think im going to pull the trigger.

Dugan,

where in Jersey are you? Its for a g body? I might be interested.

SafariWagon

Master Mechanic
Jan 15, 2009
Yep, I have known Doug DeMoss (owner) since I was in High School, that's over 20 years now! They are built at his shop out by Gilbert, Iowa and his store front shop is in Ames, Iowa. Nicest guy around. I have one in my wagon. First one I could not get pinion angle adjusted right. Due to my car being lowered he added like 2 degrees to it when he welded up the second one and swapped it out for me no charge. Great service. I sold my first car to him when I was 17........1968 Camaro :blam: Wish I had that back.

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
nice thats awesome. Im hoping to hear back from him soon.

Do you know what his turn around is?

Glad to hear he has a good rep. Didnt get to really look at the reviews for his shop yet. Glad to hear he is on the up and up.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
You can also check our Currie Enterprises as well.....A buddy had one in his 'Bu and loved it :http://www.currieenterprises.com/cestore/productsCR.aspx?id=2692&p=1249.9500

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor