9" inch rear shopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
Your set-up is like WAAAY overkill for what I'm doing. That's why I was curious what people are spending on a 9" swap. I think a lot of people see the housing prices and don't realize how much the rest costs.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
pontiacgp said:
I'd like to see a UPS guy try toss a 12 bolt over a fence.... :rofl:

These lazy bastards over here won't even close your gate. I have to make sure it's closed before I let my dog out in the yard.

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
G-Body_Vet said:
Your set-up is like WAAAY overkill for what I'm doing. That's why I was curious what people are spending on a 9" swap. I think a lot of people see the housing prices and don't realize how much the rest costs.

Yeah I am going full out race.

Give mike a call at quick. he can probably build you something for around $2k or so

454cutlass

Master Mechanic
Sep 1, 2009
mass
i to have a quick performance 9" ....probably didnt need it but i know it wont break on me.

Chris Van

G-Body Guru
Nov 8, 2009
Middle Ga.
GhettoRacingKid said:
if you wanna know the cost of mine i have no problem posting it.

I got a 9" with back brace, upgraded 35 spline axle, 4.56 gears, wilwood pro street brakes with no parking brake, billet bearings, sherical upper bushings, aluminum center section, and a bunch of other goodies.
came to $3119 with shipping (shipping was $150)

well worth it. 4 boxes and easy to put together.

That's about what I have in mine too.
9" housing from Quick Performance with a few upgrades. Adjustable lower brackets, jack pad, drain plug, etc. 35 spline Moser axles with 5/8 studs. Strange aluminum center section. Moser spool. Wilwood disc brakes with vented rotors. Also had an aluminum driveshaft made to fit as well.
Come to think of it, I probably have about $3500 in it all together.
Damn that sure sounds like a lot for a rear end. But I bracket race my car and wanted to know it was gonna be there.

There are many options available to make a complete setup a lot cheaper than what I have too. Disc brakes, iron center section, etc, etc.......

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
yup thats exactly what I got...

we might have gone over board but I had the money for it and I wanted it. I plan on putting alot of power in the car.

SafariWagon

Master Mechanic
Jan 15, 2009
I am not all out race. I paid like $820 or whatever for the housing with billet ends and 31 spline axles. 31 Spline axles are what came in the Ford trucks. I spent $100 on a 3.25 open rear. Eventually may put a locker in it. My brakes are LT1 Camaro discs. I don't remember what I paid for the bracket Flynbye Screwed it up anyway and I had to re-do it. I had the calipers. I'm in under a grand. At least until I install the locker, but I have plenty of other bugs to work out first.

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
pontiacgp said:
how much power will that rear end hold..

Mine?

Should be able to handle around 1000 hp which ill probably hit once i start spraying it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor