9" inch rear shopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
nah not really... lol.

Its going to be driven locally on occasion, driven on a trailer, off a trailer and down the strip.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have driven cars with what was considered tons of power but nothing close to 1000 hp...I'll have a little over 400 in my daily driver for next year and that is as much as I'm putting in it so I can have a chance of keeping my licence.

what transmission can you run to stay in one piece..

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
motor should be around the 600+ range, then the spray in a year or 2 will bump it up.

Im going to run a th350 with a trans brake and probably around a 5600 stall 28 inch tire

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
so you can run it on the streets, I didn't realise spray gave you that much. If you dyno it is there a sweet spot with the amount of spray or is it more spray more power..

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
Its not going to be dynoed with spray only on motor. its being built to handle around a 250 to 300 shot.

you usually get more power out of the shot you shoot.

ie if you have a 50 shot you might get around 75hp gain. all depends on the motor setup.

with my set up the 9" was also bought because when I do spray it a new converter and different rear gears will need to be swapped out.

BBO Regal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 28, 2011
Wichita, KS
I have a 9inch I just put in my car. I got it from Haddock Autosports in Shawnee, OK
I paid $300 for the housing an I bought a set of mosier axles from him for another $400. He is the cheapest I have found.
I can get a number if your interested. I leave off the line on a plate 200 shot then turn on the fogger. I havent broke anything yet and my car goes mid 10s with a olds 455.

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
nice..

I got mine a while back. i havent driven it yet. still putting the car together.

it should be coming back out in a few weeks to get powder coated. Have some other things I need to do to have it roll.

1d518a92.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor