A body cutlass LS swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cajun83HO

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2016
Louisiana
I am about to start gathering parts to put a 07 Gen4 truck 4.8 engine in a 70 cutlass that came with. 350 SBO.
What mounts should I use as so I don’t have to swap pulleys, change intake, etc. UMI mounts look clean and unobtrusive.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
I am about to start gathering parts to put a 07 Gen4 truck 4.8 engine in a 70 cutlass that came with. 350 SBO.
What mounts should I use as so I don’t have to swap pulleys, change intake, etc. UMI mounts look clean and unobtrusive.
Did you even do a search? Holley’s System is by far the best and complete. Check it out.

Reactions: 1 users

Cajun83HO

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2016
Louisiana
Yes, I did search. I’m just looking for some feedback from people that has actually done it and which ones they have used. Which ones required other parts or didn’t quite work right. Which pans do or didn’t work exactly correct.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
If you don't get a satisfactory response, you may need to try a different forum since we specialize in 78-88 gbodies.

Cajun83HO

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2016
Louisiana
True. Like myself I know others here have more than just g body’s. Also, I thought I posted this in the other project section.

Cajun83HO

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2016
Louisiana
Engine Management? I have the E38 computer/TCU and original harness but no fuse block. I was ready to purchase the Holley Terminator X Max system with everything until I found out it doesn't have the capability of cruise control. I know to most people that isn't an issue. But I want cruise control. Any suggestions on how to get CC with the Holley system? Or a different brand that does? I am looking into Current performance with their harness and OEM style ECU/TCU set up.

BuickBroke$

Greasemonkey
Aug 4, 2018
Phoenix AZ
I used all Holley mounts, trans/engine in my ‘85 Regal, nice stuff, all worked as it should. I went with the factory ecu and stuff for a while, finally got the Terminator X Max and no looking back. Wish I would have done it right from the start, there’s so much control over everything and I’ve never once wished I had cruise control. Well in this car at least!

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Go to the Classic Oldsmobile Forum. Go under Engines, the Non-Olds Engine thread, multiple examples there😥.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor