A/C controls vacuum switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lue

G-Body Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Los Angeles, california
Chillin014 said:
ohhh I see. well if there are 3 then I was only playing with the one behind the glove box. I will look for that thread. thanks.
There's actually 4 then, sorry. The one's I'm talking about are behind ur dash, right obove the floor hump. There might be a better shot in my build thread uder mc/ss/malibu section

Chillin014

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2007
houston/richmond tx
well I'll pray for a vacuum leak then because I couldnt really find those for sale anywhere online either. I'll check your thread and investigate some more ...I really need this to work. I just spent over 500 bucks replacing all of my A/C stuff and it wont even blow out the damn vents, very frustrating.

Chillin014

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2007
houston/richmond tx
I found the two actuators behind the center of the dash and applied vacuum to them and they both seemed to work. The one furthest up in there opened the center vents and I felt air coming through. I also put a vacuum gauge in various spots in the system. Good vacuum seems to come into the cabin where there is a rubber connector that connects one set of vacuum lines to another, ~15 psi. However, at the a/c control unit the vacuum dies down too like 1 psi. So I thought the line was clogged but it did not appear so and I blew air through it.

What is acceptable vacuum for the system to work? I am about to cut that section of tubing and replace it since that is the only thing between where the vacuum is good at the connector and low at the control unit "input".

Chillin014

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2007
houston/richmond tx
Okay ignore that last post for the most part. The vacuum is perfectly fine. The hose was t-ing it in 2 directions and once I plug either side the vacuum reads high. I think the problem is in the control unit, I might as well buy a new one since they are reasonably priced.

temporarily fixed until then - vacuum line ran straight to the actuator that opens the vents. thanks guys!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 159
  • photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 153
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor