A little something to offend everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Cool looking gauges and gauge panel. Nice backlighting , too.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
...Another Datsun show. Took home 2nd place wagon award.

Also bought a set of 5 roadster wheels. More on these later.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
Congrats on 2nd place! 8)

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Thanks. As always, some really nice cars out there. There were probably 7 or 8 510 wagons. This was the well-deserving 1st place wagon:

A very nicely done 240Z with an SR20det swap...

...And best in show winner was this black roadster. He won several awards.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Just sold the Nitrous system a few minutes ago. Aside from that, not much to update. Just been driving it back and forth to work.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
The clutch has been pretty finicky since race day. Over the last couple weeks it started slipping no matter where it was adjusted. So I ordered up a new 620 disc and a slave cylinder for a '78 510 (11/16" bore) through work. Last night I dropped the transmission out and pulled the clutch. I was surprised to find that the disc wasn't really that worn. Maybe 1/2 way -- maybe. Which I guess is good since I doubt it even has 10,000 miles on it.

So it looks like the GM disc that would have been between my GM flywheel and pressure plate might be thicker than the 620 disc that I use. The flywheel is stepped so when I had it resurfaced I had the machinist take an extra .030" off the raised portion. The theory is that it'll increase clamping force.

The other half of the equation is the hydraulic side. I used an 11/16" slave versus the original 3/4". That will give me slightly more throw. Before, I had to have the adjustment absolutely perfect. Otherwise it would either grind between shifts or slip under high load. The extra throw will give me room to play.

Oh, the joys of driving a b*st*rd.

One more thing -- Maxima struts from 1/2 off day.

I'll just set them aside for now. Eventually I'll cut the perches off and shorten them for MR2 inserts. Someone gave me a set of coilovers a while ago that I'll try out.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Another beautiful Oregon winter day! Took the opportunity to drive the Cutlass to Troutdale and picked up a set of 15X7 Jeep wheels. Now I have the peanut butter for my chocolate. Stay tuned, it'll make more sense later.

oranGekrate

Greasemonkey
Oct 25, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA
You sir are the Mad Scientist of the datsun world. Your wagon is fantastic. I love these cars, had a couple sedans myself in the day. Nothing like this though. Had several buddies that road coursed them. Great cars. Met my wife driving one. I knew she was a keeper when she kept hanging out with me despite my datsuns. :mrgreen:

JayPat83

Greasemonkey
Oct 20, 2013
Knoxville, TN
oranGekrate said:
You sir are the Mad Scientist of the datsun world. Your wagon is fantastic. I love these cars, had a couple sedans myself in the day. Nothing like this though. Had several buddies that road coursed them. Great cars. Met my wife driving one. I knew she was a keeper when she kept hanging out with me despite my datsuns. :mrgreen:

And stays with you despite the lemans wagon :wink: j/k I see a lot of those in the Knoxville area

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor