A little something to offend everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Look what found me on CL. Not sure if the controller works but the kit is complete minus the bottle mounting brackets. Came with 25, 50, 75 and 100 shot nozzles. Looks like an add-on purge valve too. The bottle was empty though. I figured for $100 I'd just roll the dice. Looks like new retail is around $750 so I hope I did okay.

We lost a guy at the shop today so my work load is going to increase about 50%. Not sure when I'll get a chance to get this installed. Stay tuned.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Ran out to the the famous Canby show today. Depending on who you ask it's either the largest Datsun show west of the Mississippi or the largest Datsun show in the U.S. There's usually 150-200 cars. I didn't stay too long. Judging is tomorrow.

One of my favorite OE Datsun colors:

This is a prototype repro of the super rare '73 SSS Bluebird grille. Last real one I saw for sale was over $2000. He's gonna make a mint.

SR20det in a 510:

RB25det in a 240Z:

A nicely done traditional wagon:

1200 Ute. Probably less than 6 in the US. Tiny and awesome. The mini El Camino version of my old silver car:

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
A couple shot from today's Napa track day. These were from my dad's phone in the stands so sorry about the quality.
I made 10 runs before lunch. After that they started eliminations and I worked my way up. I beat the Nova (he broke out).

I beat my boss in the Cobra (he broke out).

Then there were just 3 of us. I had a bye run.

Then I adjusted my dial in right before running the Mustang -- and promptly broke out. If I had left my old dial in I would have won. The Mustang and a '48ish Ford went to the finals where the Mustang red lighted.

Our service writer is a photographer and got a a press pass so he got a few pics from the wall. If I get some copies I'll post them too. All in all it was a fun day. 15 total passes and nothing broke but my POS shift knob. Hopefully they'll do it again next year.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
I really like the shot of you lined up next to the Cobra. Almost reminds me of Top Gear.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
Yea. :lol:

85Frankencar

Greasemonkey
May 17, 2010
Indy
307 Regal said:
I really like the shot of you lined up next to the Cobra. Almost reminds me of Top Gear.
HAHAHA my thoughts exactly...that's pretty awesome so you beat out so many cars with your Datsun! I know you're busy, but keep us posted with this one, this is an awesome thread!

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
85Frankencar said:
307 Regal said:
...that's pretty awesome so you beat out so many cars with your Datsun!
It certainly wasn't because the car is fast or I'm a great driver :lol: . I was running everywhere from 15.9 - 16.3 so it wasn't a matter of consistence either. I did cut a .003 light though. In fact, all but the last round of eliminations I won by default because the other guy either red lighted or broke out. I didn't air-down the tires, I left the roof rack on, the radio was playing, and if I had AC it probably would have been on too. All the drivers were just owners/techs/customers from Napa's shop accounts so most of us weren't regular racers. Most guys were running weekend muscle cruisers or newer Corvettes. There was one WRX and a coworker was racing his Manx (ran in the low 20s :shock: ), but other than that I was the only 4cyl out there. Some guys were taking it more seriously than necessary but it was just for fun.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Forgot to add this upgrade. Speedway gauges...

Part of the reason for the gauge swap was to do away with the damaged original cluster and wiring. I discovered this shortly after I got the car on the road. It had happened before I bought it and melted a section of harness together. I repaired the harness and bypassed a couple really damaged pins but I just didn't like the idea that it was there.

Plus, there was never a factory tach, and the temp gauge, oil and charge idiot lights were no longer usable after the engine swap. On top of that the speedometer wasn't very accurate because the clockspring that returns the needle to O has gotten week so it always reads fast. I started by gutting the factory cluster. That was actually more of a chore than I expected. Probably took 3 hours to get it right.

Then I made a center panel to go where the original radio goes. Looks like wood but it's actually plastic or acrylic.

All installed. Indicator lights are for high beams, CEL, oil pressure, and charge. Radio was relocated under the glovebox.

I still need to install the fuel sender and wire up the charge and oil pressure lights. I did the gauge install the night before I went racing and got tired about 1am so I quit before it was actually all done. I love knowing what's actually going on under the hood -- and finally having a tach is great! I now know that I have great oil pressure (80+ cold) and I now know where the tuner set my rev limiter :wink: .

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor