A little something to offend everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
well you did call the thread "a little something to offend everyone" but I thought that would exclude your wife.. 8)

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I can assure you that after all these years it takes quite a bit to offend her.

Brownianl

Apprentice
Oct 1, 2012
East Texas
Driven,
Popped open your thread for curiosity's sake only. Saw the Datsun and thought: "getting offended? This should be easy based on the 65 and 85 elky's and the 70 GTO in the garages."

So... I read the first page. Nope, not offended yet
2nd page... Nope, not yet.
Page 3... Still trying
Page 4-7. Nope, that didn't do it either

Conclusion: good old fashioned, imaginative, top notch, out of the box car-crafting. Offensibility factor: zero

You have failed.

I remain, respectfully, completely un-offended
Head back to the drawing board and try to redeem yourself. :)

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
journeyforce said:
As for your stalling problem.Since you swapped a GM engine and its bits and bobs did you check to see if the Crank Position Sensor (CPS) was bad or perhaps the Cam sensor is bad.

Push many a GM car into the shop as an apprentice tech due to those sensors

More pics please
I think I have the stalling problem fixed. There hasn't been any more problems since I split the harness back open and tied my grounds together. So far, so good.

Ringers

Greasemonkey
Dec 7, 2011
Just read the last two pages, but as far as the Nitrous? I say Hell Yes!! You don't live tooo far away, we could throw a small shot on, get you on the dyno, tune it and let you go!

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I really like that idea. You may be hearing from me if I can actually focus long enough to get something done.

...and on a semi-related note. I started a new job a couple weeks ago. For the past 3 years I've been doing some occasional work at a buddy's shop. Mostly when he has guys on vacation or gets too busy to keep up. He finally decided to make it permanent and official so I moved all my tools down there and have been staying pretty busy. Also, I'm starting in on some home renovation projects. I'll be completely replumbing the house along with a bathroom remodel, painting inside and out, carpet, repairing the attic fire damage, lots of landscaping, and possibly a new roof. Between the new job and the house I probably won't be having a lot of spare time for my cars for a while.

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
DRIVEN said:
Also, I'm starting in on some home renovation projects. I'll be completely replumbing the house along with a bathroom remodel, painting inside and out, carpet, repairing the attic fire damage, lots of landscaping, and possibly a new roof. Between the new job and the house I probably won't be having a lot of spare time for my cars for a while.
Its never ending with a house. I just got going on the wifes camaro. Then she tells me she wants the master bath redone. So off to Lowes we go. Got the vanity, tile, toilet, etc. Then she wants carpet in the master bedroom. Plus I want to finish the basement. I dont see working on my vehicle projects much either.

Good luck with your new job and projects around the house.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
My brother and I traded cars a couple times last week so I could do some work on his bus and his '36 pickup. When I got my car back from him he has washed it all up and given it a mini-detail. Since it's spring and the majority of the rainy season is gone, I threw the roof rack back on.

It took me 2 days to even notice that he had also filled all the holes in my rear hatch where the old emblems and factory license plate lights were. Maybe if I keep trading cars he'll get bored enough to just paint it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor