A little something to offend everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Yes. Crude but functional. Quad4 flywheel and pressure plate, Datsun clutch disc.
20190217_160421.jpg
20190217_145638.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Doesn't look crude. How did you set up the design so that everything lined up? Radially and axially? Creative ends on the oil pan.

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Post #187. I did a super-secret-squirrel search and did not find any more details on the trans swap. Trying not to be the noob here.

There's a place in Australia that makes an adapter for just about every permutation. Castlemain Rod Shop.

And this place:

Someone gave me a 68 Dodge Dart with a slant six and a bound-up 3-on-the-column. I found Kelsey Hayes disc brakes and calipers on RockAuto, so I researched swapping in an S10 T5. I found these places while doing the orange apple research. Mixing disc and PP, yep.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Post #9 explains part of it. IIRC the way i centered it was pretty crude too. I made the adapter and bolted it to the engine. Then I blocked the engine up on it's nose so the flywheel was up. Then I put the transmission on the adapter with the pilot shaft in the bushing. Then I pushed it all the way up, marked it with a scribe. All the way down, marked it. Repeat left, then right. Then I just split the differences and marked to drill the bellhousing holes. Not very scientific but sometimes close enough works out.

• Creative
Reactions: 4 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Thanks for the details. People like you make me believe anything is possible. I just gotta get over myself and go figger it out.

Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
:ROFLMAO: Thanks. You smart guys just need to quit overthinking stuff.

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Armchair enjineer. I can think myself into an inside square corner that no machinist can get me out of....

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Several hours today. Dissected the harness and moved some things around as well as added a couple wires and removed a bunch of others.

Then I wrapped it up and laid it out just like it'll be in the car.

After that I fed everything between the heater box and the firewall from the right to the left, then the front half through a hole next to the gas pedal.

And that's where I left it. My O2 sensor and knock sensor wires were just a little too short so I'll need to lengthen each one. Then hook up the interior side, mount the PCM and build the accessory panel.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Nothing major today. Lengthened the knock sensor wire and rerouted the O2 wire to reach. Prepped the copper oil pressure tube and connected the engine end. Replaced the gauges in the panel and an all the wiring to the area. Indicator lights are on order. Little things add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor