Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Looking good. The wire nuts have to go.

Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Those are just old speaker wires that I haven't gotten to yet.

Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
You're turning into Hafrod. He has a typing aversion so he posts videos. You're letting the pictures do the talking. Looking good though. I'm excited to see this create a budget for the truck project, and enjoy looking at work well done.

• Haha

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Appreciate you following along. Not much to say on this update. I powered it up but didn't try to start it. No immediate codes is promising though. My battery has sat for a year now so it's on the charger overnight. My warning indicator lights are supposed to be here sometime in the next week. Then I can put the dash together and fire it up. Meantime, I'll switch to cosmetics for a while.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Today was kind of a wash. Took my charged up battery back and installed it. Poked the gauge end of the oil tube into an empty water bottle and hit the key. Cranked and didn't even try to fire. Brief investigation revealed that I was losing power feed in crank position. Quick jump to another terminal on the ignition switch plug and all was well. Started but ran rough and then partially cleared up. Found miss at #4. Verified injector pulse with noid light and spark to the plug with spark tester. Bad plug maybe? Swapped #3 & #4 plugs and started it again. Still missing on #4. At that point the water bottle was full of oil and since I didn't have any coolant in the system, I quit.

Moved on to the rocker trim. I bought 2 pieces of 1 1/2 x 1/4 x 6' aluminum flat bar off Ebay. Cut to length, profiled some curved angles on the ends, sanded, polished, and attached.

I found that Mag Brite in my dad's stash with a $3 price tag from GI Joes. It's probably older than I am. I honestly didn't want a mirror finish because I think it would stick out like a sore thumb. It's reflective but mainly I just wanted to cover the holes and add a little contrast.

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I’m really digging that rocker panel treatment!
I may just have to borrow that idea.
🤔

I don’t see any attachment holes, how did you affix it to the car??

Reactions: 1 user

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Double sided tape.

If you go back to page 1 you'll see that the blue wagon had rocker trim. It's anodized aluminum and pretty beat up. This car had none when I bought it.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
My indicator lights came in so I was able to put the bash together and fire it up long enough to warm it up.

It still had the miss and eventually set a P0304 code and turned the fan on, so I know that works too. I took my stethoscope and put the probe on the top of each injector. #1, #2, and #3, tink tink tink. #4, thuh thuh thuh. So I took my dinkiest hammer and a long punch and gave it a few taps. The engine smoothed out, tink tink tink.

I ran it up to temp and the longer it ran, the better it ran. Ran out of energy and didn't get the clutch or brakes bled.

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor