A little something to offend everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Nope. She quit caring about this years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Bled the clutch and brakes. Decided to balance the tires...because I can.

Backed it out and let it run for a while then drove it around for a few miles.

It's officially a driver again. Now it's mostly cosmetic.

Reactions: 8 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Not much to update. I went over today and polished off a couple electrical things. Got my charge light to work correctly. Apparently I needed to run my old warning light in parallel (behind the gauges) in order to make the new LED indicator happy. I also finally installed an oil pressure switch so that warning light works now too.

My dad must have gotten bored and sanded my hood down for me.

So I moved on to the valance. I'd done some filler work several months ago so I sanded on it a bit and hammered some primer on.

...aaaand that's when I locked my keys inside the shop. My parents are out of town for the next 10 days. Guess I'll see if I can figure something else out.

• Haha
  • Creative
Reactions: 4 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
eh, at least it wasn't the car you depend on for everyday use... little thing is looking great!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Thanks. It'll be nice to get it finished and set aside. The list of other projects is stacking up and I've got another major announcement coming to the Prison Planet thread.

Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I had to go out of town for a few days but I'm back now and spent a little time on it yesterday and today. Takes forever for product to dry because it's only 50* inside the shop.

This shows the main reason I had to do the blackout treatment to the hood and fender tops. Previous owner just smeared some Bondo over a couple dents. Initially I just sanded the spots semi-flat and covered them up. It'll be better now but not perfect. Next owner can either live with it or prep and paint the whole car.

Everything is in primer now. I'll wet sand tomorrow and re-prime.

Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor