A little something to offend everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I want that little wagon soooooo baaaad!!!!! My first financed car was an 89 Cutlass Calais Sport, Quad 4, Guutrag 5, 4 door. I loved that little car; parked it upside down in the middle of I-70.... kinda like this one
1548207212115.png

Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Trade for a red 442? Meet you in Nebraska.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Buffed and polished it on Friday then yoinked the fender before hitting the road. No new pics but I got the hatch delivered to my brother and he has the paint already, along with an aerosol can I'm going to do the valance with myself. Said he'll get the body work done this week and shoot it next week. He also worked over the LF fender while I was down there. It had been munched before I bought the car. I wasn't looking for perfection, just the best he could do without having to use filler and paint.
I got the battery and a few small parts ordered this morning. Tomorrow I'll go over and put a few items back together before I take it further apart.
Last night I did a SearchTempest search to try to get an idea of asking price. Sweet cheeba, guys are asking a lot for these! I'll price under market and hope for a quick sale.

Reactions: 1 user

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Somewhat productive day:
-Pushed on a couple more dents
-Drilled out my broken fender bolts and mounted it
-Reinstalled my marker and tail lights
-Scrubbed my door jambs and door edges
-Installed new mirrors
-Installed new fender emblems
-Hammered my pinch welds straight
-Removed the remnants of the old rocker trim

Reactions: 5 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Not much progress. I did get the battery relocated. I ended up ordering the same one we used in my brother's '36 since it was so compact. My original intention was to cut a recess in the floor under the back seat but took the easy way out and just put it under the driver's seat. Plenty of room with stock seats at stock height.

There was a pair of long cables left over from my dad's Nautique project last winter so I was able to repurpose those.
The engine bay is still gross but the extra room from moving the battery will be really nice as this engineis noticeably wider than an L16.

Reactions: 4 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
After a week of dragging my feet and making excuses, I finally went over and yanked the drivetrain. Took almost an hour and a half. I'm out of practice. Now the real work begins.

Reactions: 4 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
All I've managed to get done in 4 days is replace a throwout bearing and strip and degrease the engine. I'm lame.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Progress is progress.

• Agree

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
True. Part of it is being in wintertime sloth mode. I really could have gotten some work done over the weekend but did a combination of unpacking (yes, still not done with that), house cleaning, and internetting instead. The other thing that killed the last 4 days is waiting around the house for service people. The front door replacement turned into a 3 visit job -- and still isn't installed. The furnace acted up. The ridge cap blew off my roof, and last night my garage door opener died.
And it kinda snowed.

Enough lame excuses?:cautious:

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor