A sad day indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Very sorry to see this. Hope you weren't hurt. Good luck getting things sorted out.

buickestate

Greasemonkey
Nov 21, 2006
London Ontario
pontiacgp said:
does anyone know if the hood and fender from a lemans is the same. There is a complete lemans in a yard I deal with and I get good prices from them

fenders are the same, hood is different. the only parts that could be used from that lemans are the rad support, passenger inner fender. The fenders for the 82-88 have cut outs for the marker lights

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
if you want me to check out those parts and get you a price let me know. We race just about every friday nite so I could drop it off to you

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Super bummer dude... :(

Luckily that's a pretty easy fix. Even if the frame-horn is bent, which I doubt will be much if any, it's easily repaired.
Granted, a hit like that would "total" your typical G-body, just due to their lower value.
In order for the car to be considered "totalled" by the insurance company, the cost of the repairs needs to exceed 75% of the cars value. Since you had this one appraised, I would imagine the insurance company will pay to fix it.
Even if they did total it, you can still have it fixed yourself for way less than I'm sure they'd give you for the car.

SonOfRDgear

Greasemonkey
May 18, 2011
Boston
Damn dude, you did work on that Volvo :lol:

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
Sad to see such an original get wrecked, but it does happen out on the streets. Thats my worst fear after all this work...wrecking it! But the risk is worth the rewards I guess...Just glad you are ok, physically ...even if you are suffering psycologically. But it doesnt look totalled to me. It will take some work, but its not really that bad.
Keep your head up! :D

buickestate

Greasemonkey
Nov 21, 2006
London Ontario
They wrote me a check that was more than enough for me to move on, I still have my two Malibu coupes and money in the bank and an empty parking space

Craig's list is my new pass time....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PxGH95rFmY[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor