BUILD THREAD A Teenager and His Malibu Wagon.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I see that you had it covered in that thread,. That looks good on there. It would probably look good widened. Hopefully it wouldn't be too much trouble.

Reactions: 1 user

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Here is a pic of a square body air dam that i just put on my G wagon. This is the 5"unit from a 4x4. 4" is also available from 2wd. Stock ride height.
20220914_162244.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
If that's mounted to the bottom of the bumper won't that stop the air from hitting the stock deflector on the bottom of the radiator support that funnels the air through the radiator? 🤔

Reactions: 1 user

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
If that's mounted to the bottom of the bumper won't that stop the air from hitting the stock deflector on the bottom of the radiator support that funnels the air through the radiator? 🤔
Correct, it's mounted to the bottom of the bumper. the bumper is off of an 80 cutlass coupe and have additional air slots between the bumper and grills. I just put this on yesterday on the wagon. My son is my test pilot for this vehicle and will let me know if something changes.

As a side note, my gmc cabellero hasn't had that factory air deflector for years with no ill affect.

Reactions: 1 users

blairc_789

Apprentice
Jun 18, 2021
North Carolina
Correct, it's mounted to the bottom of the bumper. the bumper is off of an 80 cutlass coupe and have additional air slots between the bumper and grills. I just put this on yesterday on the wagon. My son is my test pilot for this vehicle and will let me know if something changes.

As a side note, my gmc cabellero hasn't had that factory air deflector for years with no ill affect.
That looks awesome. I’m planning on doing the same except extending the sides to go reach the wheel well. Also plan on doing some ducting work integrated into the air dam for cooling. Maybe fog lights mounted on it too.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot Mike's Montes UMI Performance

Contact Admin@GBodyForum.com for info on becoming a sponsor