AC Delete Panel - Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

onebad86SS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 14, 2017
Lancaster, Pa
Well guys, I found it! 2 hidden bolts behind the HVAC controls against the firewall. We are free and clear now. Thanks to all for the comments!(y)

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 29, 2008
Walterboro, S.C.
I've done an A/C delete on my 86 El Camino. Everything went well on the install. The instruction were a bit confusing at first but once I got
started I figured it out. The only thing that I View attachment IMG_20181028_174904943.jpg View attachment IMG_20180811_112426866.jpg View attachment IMG_20180811_112308633.jpg I did different was that I used a quick cure epoxy instead of silicone like they used. I used a SEM product called "Quick set 50" which is a autobody repair product. that sets in minutes instead of overnight like the silicone. I was able to make the project go much faster. I was well pleased with the A/C delete and it looks great. The install was easier for me because I already had my motor out but if your motor is still in you can drop the right fender liner, not the right fender but just the liner, which makes it much easier to get to the bottom bolts of the heater box. I also used 3M strip caulk to help seal everything. Good luck on your project.

Reactions: 1 user

onebad86SS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 14, 2017
Lancaster, Pa
I've done an A/C delete on my 86 El Camino. Everything went well on the install. The instruction were a bit confusing at first but once I got
started I figured it out. The only thing that I View attachment 116867 View attachment 116868 View attachment 116869 I did different was that I used a quick cure epoxy instead of silicone like they used. I used a SEM product called "Quick set 50" which is a autobody repair product. that sets in minutes instead of overnight like the silicone. I was able to make the project go much faster. I was well pleased with the A/C delete and it looks great. The install was easier for me because I already had my motor out but if your motor is still in you can drop the right fender liner, not the right fender but just the liner, which makes it much easier to get to the bottom bolts of the heater box. I also used 3M strip caulk to help seal everything. Good luck on your project.
thanks for the input, I appreciate it!

Deadeyejedi80

Greasemonkey
Apr 8, 2018
Saratoga springs ny
this is the exact info i was looking for in a question i asked in another thread .the instructions will come in handy to anyone thats trying this .looks like a good winter project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor