Adapter/Spacer help

Status
Not open for further replies.

6door74

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 18, 2016
Maryland
I thought those lines were just a blemish in the finishing of the material. It's 6161 which is relatively soft so I don't think it would have stress fractures. I would like them better if they were T6 material. What's the brand name of the spacers.

Those lines appeared after/as i was putting them on

0405181327_HDR.jpg

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I personally have never bought rims that I wanted on my car bad enough that I was willing to use an adapter just to make them fit.
But if for some reason I did I would spare no expense buying proven top name adapters with high quality studs, after all a failure here could cost you your life or that of someone else. IMO

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

6door74

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 18, 2016
Maryland
I personally have never bought rims that I wanted on my car bad enough that I was willing to use an adapter just to make them fit.
But if for some reason I did I would spare no expense buying proven top name adapters with high qua

A recommendation would be helpful then.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I never buy a drive line product that is described for off road. That is a method of avoiding liability if there is a failure while the car is on the road. If a company does not stand behind their product I don't buy it especially if it a critical part. The other thing is wheels come in different BS but if I can get ones that properly fit my car I keep looking. Most of the guys in here will alter the frame to fit their tires and there has to be a reason they do that instead of getting wheel spacers.

Reactions: 1 user

6door74

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 18, 2016
Maryland
I've already got the wheels so I'm going to get spacers as others do and have done. Thanks for the info on what I suspected as far as current one's go. I'll look around for recommendations on brands people have had success with.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I never buy a drive line product that is described for off road. That is a method of avoiding liability if there is a failure while the car is on the road. If a company does not stand behind their product I don't buy it especially if it a critical part. The other thing is wheels come in different BS but if I can get ones that properly fit my car I keep looking. Most of the guys in here will alter the frame to fit their tires and there has to be a reason they do that instead of getting wheel spacers.
But, but, but.... RACECAR PARTS!!

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Should i get the adapters that have the slightly bigger bore opening at 70.5mm vs 70.3mm?
get the bigger ones, you'll be happier with the fit.
just for reference, i believe the 70.3mm started in 2004 on the gto and went on to the g8, camaro, cts, etc. our cars are the 70.5mm ones. as to whether you should run spacers or not is up to you.

I've run spacers on my cars for 30 years, i made my own in tech school and have bought them off eBay. none have loosened or stress fractured.

Reactions: 2 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Run them, don't worry.
If you do worry, order some hub centric rings for peace of mind. Plenty of places make them and can make custom ones.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor