Adjust gas pedal (Solved)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Your carb is a vacuum secondary carb, pop the air cleaner off and see if the secondaries open when you give it some beans. Still betting on the cable length being the issue though. Unhook the throttle cable and see if you can open the carb all the way to full throttle. Then reattach the cable and watch the butterflies to see what's goin on.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Gas pedals on the g's are the same, there are different length cables but the pulls are the same distance. I'm guessing you need to change the connecting point of your cable closer to the shaft on the carb. You also need to be sure that how ever you mounted your cable bracket that it's giving you enough pull room hence more pedal travel.

IMG_5633.JPG

IMG_5634.JPG

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Do you have an adjustable throttle bracket at the carb? It may need to be moved towards the back of the engine.
lilbowtie and fleming442 also have a good suggestion that you are using the wrong hole on the carb.

Below is how I have the 750 Holley set up on my 406 Chevy in my 79 Monte Carlo
P1011880.JPG P1011881.JPG P1011882.JPG
Hope this helps!

Reactions: 2 users

Gears And Circuits

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 22, 2017
Well if l read this all right your running a Holley and not the quad. So l would think your problem is at the carb.

Put up a pic of the carb set-up on the car, that would give a better idea of the issue.

In 30 plus years l am yet to come across a fuel petal issue.

I know for the 600 Holley l put on my elcamino l had to make up a bracket to hold the cable at the carb.

Here's where I got it set based on the install guide that came with the carb. You're saying to mount it on a hole further forward?

Attachments

• 20171028_052552.jpg
    20171028_052552.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 525

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Looks like you have the same bracket I'm using. Just a few suggestions,
Obtain the bushing to move your throttle cable pick up point to the large hole circled in dark blue.
Once you have that, adjust the bracket circled in light blue toward the back of the engine, the throttle cable should just slide over the stud when the cable is pulled all the way out.
Your return springs should then attach at the base circled in red and run to bottom of the throttle bracket. you will not need that bracket off the front of the engine.
Just my $.02
Bob S.

20171028_052552-2.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Pontiac455

Master Mechanic
Jun 8, 2010
Its a vacuum secondary carb. The only throttle blades that are gonna be fully open are the primary throttle plates. The secondary's will slightly open when the pedal is on the rug with key off engine off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor