Advice on lowering my Monte

Coltrane

Apprentice
Jul 6, 2020
Well here’s an update…I actually got a set of UMI springs, 1” in the rear and 2” in the front. The rear dropped almost exactly an inch and looks great! Bad news - the front stayed basically exactly the same. I know people have said if your spring are sagging the drop springs won’t have the desired effect, but the springs weren’t very old and weren’t sagging, especially in the front.

Any ideas how to proceed? See if it settles? Go to a different spring? The rear is perfect now right away - just the front is the issue.

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Any ideas how to proceed? See if it settles? Go to a different spring?
Did you have the weight of the car on the front springs when you tightened everything back up?

403Olds

G-Body Guru
May 31, 2014
South Central Ohio
Assuming that the springs are indexed properly in the lower A-Arms and you torqued the lower arms with weight on them, give them a week or so to see if they come down a little, otherwise you will need to cut them.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
that's strange the rears showed drop but the front didn't.even With the existing front ones you took out in good shape something should've changed being a 2" version exchange like that

Coltrane

Apprentice
Jul 6, 2020
that's strange the rears showed drop but the front didn't.even With the existing front ones you took out in good shape something should've changed being a 2" version exchange like that
That's why I'm scratching my head...if both fronts and rears stayed the same that's one thing, but the fact the rear dropped the 1" instantly and front didn't change is weird (to me...suspension isn't my thing, hah).

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor