Aftermarket Air Conditioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronnyinwaxhaw

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 15, 2015
Waxhaw NC
Anybody changed over to aftermarket a/c? I'd like to find a kit that has it's own controls, and get away from all the vacuum hoses.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
The end would not justify the means and you will not have the performance

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
Vintage Air is one source,although you would need to piece together a kit as I dont believe that they have a G Body specific kit.
I used one of their heat/defrost kits and it was fairly straight forward.
I mounted the controls in the stock location.
DSC_0386 (2016_04_18 13_36_38 UTC).JPG

Guy

Reactions: 3 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I am also working on a Vintage Air set up for my Monte but because of lack of room everywhere I am using a trunk mount kit.
And the controls will be in the center console.

20180910_204421-1_resized.jpg
20180804_162516_resized.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: 5 users

ronnyinwaxhaw

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 15, 2015
Waxhaw NC
Vintage Air is one source,although you would need to piece together a kit as I dont believe that they have a G Body specific kit.
I used one of their heat/defrost kits and it was fairly straight forward.
I mounted the controls in the stock location.
View attachment 132024

Guy
Thanks! I looked at Restomod Air, another company that came up in my online search. They have a set of controls similar to yours.
I also looked through several threads here and saw guys using later model compressors like I'm going to use. I guess all of the parts are available to restore the vacuum controls. When I get closer to that part of my project, I'll have to decide which way to go.

Cajun83HO

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2016
Louisiana
Restomod can have the controls via Bluetooth to an old phone or iPad, and leave your stock controls there for looks.

Reactions: 1 users

ronnyinwaxhaw

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 15, 2015
Waxhaw NC
Restomod can have the controls via Bluetooth to an old phone or iPad, and leave your stock controls there for looks.
I saw that on their website. I like the compact three dial controls, too. I'm a long way from doing the a/c on my Elco, I'm just trying to get an idea of what I'll encounter when I get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor