Aftermarket Back up/Reverse Camera & Monitor - Suggestions Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
If anyone has any experience with a license plate mounted back up camera/monitor combo it would be appreciated as I am looking to add one of these to the wagon.

I am not too keen on the $29.99 options on Amazon and would like something of decent quality.

Preferred features:
A license plate frame or frame mounted camera;
Night vision capable; and
A monitor that can be placed on the dash (I am looking at using the mono-speaker grille on the Poncho dash as a mounting point).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
If anyone has any experience with a license plate mounted back up camera/monitor combo it would be appreciated as I am looking to add one of these to the wagon. I am not too keen on the $29.99 options on Amazon and would like something of decent quality. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just bought and installed this ESKY camera. Important features for me where stainless steel and good resolution. It works great.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261709220914?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
They have rear view camera kits that use a screen built into the rear view mirror if you did not want to mount something to your dash.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I checked with my friend and if you are going to get the back up with the screen in the rear view mirror he uses the one from crimestoppers. He says those are easy to install, work well and he hasn't had one come back for a warranty issue. If your going to use the screen on a double din then get the cheapest you can buy, they are basically all the same and he's only had 2 come back with issues that were cause by the salt in winter driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor