Alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
interesting, do tell....
Back in 2006 I had a system like that installed in my fiero. I was using it as a commuter car to go to some college courses when I went back to school headed know the path for the doctorate.

It was made by viper, and I want to say it was a 5900 sst model? Name sticks in my head. Anyways, no separate system for monitoring aside from the fob which also added remote start and options on the car.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I was thinking of electrifying the steering wheel with a one of those Tesla batteries or something of the like. But I thought I might get in trouble if someone died in the car....and the stench would be a downer as well.

On a similar note, I electrified the scrap dumpster at work to deter the thieves. I did get a police visit over that one. One of the five that jumped in and got zapped turned me in.

Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I was thinking of electrifying the steering wheel with a one of those Tesla batteries or something of the like. But I thought I might get in trouble if someone died in the car....and the stench would be a downer as well.

On a similar note, I electrified the scrap dumpster at work to deter the thieves. I did get a police visit over that one. One of the five that jumped in and got zapped turned me in.
Reminds me of an old maxim article back 15 or 20 years ago covering what they did to stop thefts in South africa... even down to putting a sawed off shotgun under the dash rigged to shoot the crotch if you didn't disarm....

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Reminds me of an old maxim article back 15 or 20 years ago covering what they did to stop thefts in South africa... even down to putting a sawed off shotgun under the dash rigged to shoot the crotch if you didn't disarm....
I didn't see that one but I remember two others from there that era that (1) electrified the door handles, and (2) a 2-3ft long steel pole mounted in the center of the running boards underneath that would drop down and then spin once at high enough speed to break ankles. both were to prevent carjackings

RobM

Apprentice
Nov 2, 2016
Ozone Park Kid
I have heavy duty double lock with a rigging chain wrapped around the rear axle anchored to a heavy-duty rigging eye hook that's custom made that's weld to a 2" steel rod T cemented in my garage floor. It's like a really big boat anchor holding the car in place, Plus pray I don't come out of my house with my 12-gauge shot gun and very protective dogs! Either I'll kill you or my dogs will!

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I now have a 15 ft wide, 5ft deep "drainage ditch" around 3 sides of the property. Trees on the 4th.

No way anyone is crossing that without some seriously heavy duty and invasive recovery operations to sneak a car out. No hiding that. Before they could try I'd be asserting home defense rights and solving the issues. In a more permanent way. If they want to try moving all the tonnage that blocks the only singular, 9 ft wide access to cross that ditch? Well.... I'm inclined to say good luck.

LeftLaneOnly

Master Mechanic
Mar 20, 2020
Bedroom above locked garage and keys in lockbox.

oh... the dog

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Lo-jack it. Ilike the idea of the doberman but then you have to get up at 3 AM to go out and let him out for a p*ss and a Sh**, even in the cold and the rain and the snow. Besides which Dobies don't do all that well in cold climates; dude I knew had one decades ago and had an outdoor pen for it. Dog shook so bad in the winter it was kicking off the seismic recorders over at the University

Nick

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Got one for my Non G-Body G-Body Van years ago at Napa. Any Marine supply or boating/sports shop ought to have them. Mine is rigged to cut off the power on the positive side of the battery; put it in line with the positive cable. Just be sure to insulate all the terminals heavily, double layers of shrink tube in my case, cause any contact between the pos cable and the vehicle body is a dead short and can cause anything from fricassee of wiring harness to battery go BOOM!.

Oh yeah, that video was a HOOT!! :ROFLMAO: Too bad the perp didn't get all the way into the truck before the flash-bang went off. Wonder if you could rig a mortar grade cannon cracker to do the same thing; think rigging the igniter might be the tough part. Cope could have been better on the ball and checked the local emerg's for a walk in with major hearing issues.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor