aluminum drums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
i found a set in a junk yard in iowa. came off a 3rd gen camaro. i put them on my 78 salon. also picked up a 36mm sway bar from that same car. slapped that on my brown 79 calais. god i love junk yards.

Reactions: 2 users

rwd_pete

Greasemonkey
Oct 3, 2006
Niagara Falls
I took a set off the back of an 80 Lemans v6 wagon. Must have been trying to achieve a certain weight break. On my Malibu, they pulsed when I put the brakes on, so they are stored in my basement.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
You can find them sometimes on first generation s10/s15 trucks, blazers, and jimmys. I've noticed more on the blazer/jimmy bodies, 1994-down, than on the trucks, 1993-down.

Some fbodies also had them as mentioned before, more camaros than firebird since the born warner 9 bolt was more prevalent in firebird-based cars and didn't get them.

Oddly enough, on the 8.5" rear end gn/ttype/442 cars they were mostly just on the non-posi rears from the factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor