Not open for further replies.

maximus84

Master Mechanic
Aug 8, 2008
Fidalgo Island,Washington
AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA

By Lou Pritchett

Dear President Obama:

You are the thirteenth President under whom I have lived and unlike any of the others, you truly scare me.

You scare me because after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.

You scare me because I do not know how you paid for your expensive Ivy League education and your upscale lifestyle and housing with no visible signs of support.

You scare me because you did not spend the formative years of youth growing up in America and culturally you are not an American.

You scare me because you have never run a company or met a payroll.

You scare me because you have never had military experience, thus don't understand it at its core.

You scare me because you lack humility and 'class', always blaming others.

You scare me because for over half your life you have aligned yourself with radical extremists who hate America and you refuse to publicly denounce these radicals who wish to see America fail.

You scare me because you are a cheerleader for the 'blame America' crowd and deliver this message abroad.

You scare me because you want to change America to a European style country where the government sector dominates instead of the private sector.

You scare me because you want to replace our health care system with a government controlled one.

You scare me because you prefer 'wind mills' to responsibly capitalizing on our own vast oil, coal and shale reserves.

You scare me because you want to kill the American capitalist goose that lays the golden egg which provides the highest standard of living in the world.

You scare me because you have begun to use 'extortion' tactics against certain banks and corporations.

You scare me because your own political party shrinks from challenging you on your wild and irresponsible spending proposals.

You scare me because you will not openly listen to or even consider opposing points of view from intelligent people.

You scare me because you falsely believe that you are both omnipotent and omniscient.

You scare me because the media gives you a free pass on everything you do.

You scare me because you demonize and want to silence the Limbaughs, Hannitys, O'Relllys and Becks who offer opposing, conservative points of view.

You scare me because you prefer controlling over governing.

Finally, you scare me because if you serve a second term I will probably not feel safe in writing a similar letter in 8 years.

Lou Pritchett

Note: Lou Pritchett is a former vice president of Procter & Gamble whose career at that company spanned 36 years before his retirement in 1989, and he is the author of the 1995 business book, Stop Paddling & Start Rocking the Boat.

Mr. Pritchett confirmed that he was indeed the author of the much-circulated "open letter." “I did write the 'you scare me' letter. I sent it to the NY Times but they never acknowledged or published it. However, it hit the internet and according to the ‘experts’ has had over 500,000 hits.

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
That's the beauty of America, you can disagree and voice your opinion without fear of imprisonment with no trial. WAIT.....we do that????

All is well Mr Pritchett, at least according to most Americans.

a USA Today/Gallup Poll taken May 29-31 gave President Obama a 61 percent overall approval rating.

CaStylin

Apprentice
Apr 24, 2009
Houston, Tx
Wow... a couple things to zoom in on

One – he did write the letter, but he is a conservative with styles along the likes of O’relly and Limbaugh so it is not something that is out of character. He has an openly similar stance on anything that democrats do regardless of which democrat does it.

Two - there is a lot of propaganda in this letter; not an American, how so because he isn’t like Pritchett? Extortion of the banks, how because he put status on loans given to insure they aren’t wasted? No family funding so is ivy schools couldn’t have happened, so being rich is the only way to get into Ivy League schools? Is never running a company better or worse then running many of companies into the ground? He wants to kill the American capitalist, how there are no new Government companies embarking on the private sector?

Three - This one was kind of confusing to me
"You scare me because you prefer 'wind mills' to responsibly capitalizing on our own vast oil, coal and shale reserves."
What’s wrong with renewable energy, after the start up cost it is much cheaper and cleaner then oil... not to say oil does not have its uses but it is non renewable and not as efficient to produce

IDK... just a couple of things to look at but again this is america and each is open to his own openions regardless of evidance or support for the clams

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
You have to remember that during his time with ACORN, he pressured banks to give bad loans to low income people. That is one of the things they do with their "Community Organizing". The citizenship question may or may not be valid, but I feel that it is largely irrelevant as compared to some of the stances he has taken. I will also say that the majority of the sheeple out there are placated by flowery speeches read off a teleprompter and they do not consider actual substance. Plus, the latest pole I saw had him at 54% approval. Then again, polls are not as relevant a news item as they are made out to be. Much can be done by the pollster to influence the actual answer given which may or may not reflect a person's true beliefs, so I tend to dismiss most of them. Polls do not make a wrong thing right, unless you believe in a post-modernist philosophy where truth is relative and never absolute.

TexasT

Master Mechanic
Mar 20, 2008
Texas
So why don't you explain how this guy managed to not only apply, get accepted, but was able to fund this very expensive education. How did he do it? I'd like to know as I want my children to follow and be able to get this expensive education if they chose.

I'm not saying that windmills are or aren't better but why aren't we exploring on our own soil for energy? I'll give you a hint. Tree huggers have been able to manipulate the laws to prohibit exploration and the extraction of our own resources. Come on out to west Texas there are countless windmills.

Generally experience is the best teacher. Finding successful management is better in my opinion than hiring un or non experienced management.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
TexasT said:
So why don't you explain how this guy managed to not only apply, get accepted, but was able to fund this very expensive education. How did he do it? I'd like to know as I want my children to follow and be able to get this expensive education if they chose.

I'm not saying that windmills are or aren't better but why aren't we exploring on our own soil for energy? I'll give you a hint. Tree huggers have been able to manipulate the laws to prohibit exploration and the extraction of our own resources. Come on out to west Texas there are countless windmills.

Generally experience is the best teacher. Finding successful management is better in my opinion than hiring un or non experienced management.

It is an interesting question, but I do not see how he paid for his education as being relevant. There are many different ways of funding an education as there are grants and scholarships set up by various institutions for people of varying backgrounds and situations. I am far more concerned with his Marxist/Fascist tendencies than I am with his origins. I vehemently dislike the man, true, but I think you need to pick your battles based on what is most important and effective. I disagree with the bailouts, the 2 trillion dollar budget deficit his first year stemming from a flawed belief in Keynesian Economics , his environmental stances that are anti-capitalist and potentially very damaging to the lives of average people, and his radical pro abortion agenda. For me, these are the things that matter most and that will receive the bulk of my political attention.

Also, remember that even if the questions regarding his origins are valid, they will still make people marginalize you as a right wing nut job unless you are preaching to the choir, so it is ultimately pointless to discuss it outside that context. Focus on the things that will resonate with a larger audience rather than just within the rank and file of the right.

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
Ignorance is rampart on the board. Listen up children you will learn something.

You can go to Harvard absolutely free if you don't have the money but have very high academic credentials. That's so with most Ivy League colleges and Rice too...ever heard of endowments?

As to his lifestyle, once again, sit down.....he made millions on one book.

OK I shot holes in two line items of this Bitchett fella, he doesn't deserve any more scrutiny. No credibility.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
srercrcr said:
T: You don't like trees? How sad. Really, really sad.

You can always grow more trees. They are just an agricultural product, after all.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
srercrcr said:
Ignorance is rampart on the board. Listen up children you will learn something.

You can go to Harvard absolutely free if you don't have the money but have very high academic credentials. That's so with most Ivy League colleges and Rice too...ever heard of endowments?

As to his lifestyle, once again, sit down.....he made millions on one book.

OK I shot holes in two line items of this Bitchett fella, he doesn't deserve any more scrutiny. No credibility.

So, you basically just restated what I said about his educational funding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor