Central NY
Also available from RockAuto...

Screenshot_20181030-194607.png

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Good video. He pretty much answers my question about the master cylinder. I recognize the car, I believe he's a member of this forum.
Thanks again. Very informative. I do notice that he used a regular LHD Blazer master cylinder and had to bend the lines in the opposite direction.
Also, thanks again for your feedback and experience using the Blazer master.....I much appreciate it.

1KWIKSIX

Greasemonkey
Jun 26, 2017
Mississauga , Ontario, Canada
I was wondering, is there a better master cylinder to use that would be more compatible with using the dual piston Blazer brake upgrade?
I'm using the typical stock cast iron unit. I'm thinking of going with the RHD Blazer MC that Turna suggested.
Does the Blazer MC have a larger bore than the standard G-body master...and is there a noticeable difference in braking power?

The reason for the questions is because I feel like I'm not getting good brake clamping force. Someone enlighten me.

Wilwood 1.25" bore Master Cylinder here.....Blazer Brake set up working Great! very firm brake Pedal, however HydroBoost may have something to do with it! 2lb residual pressure valve on front brake lines and 10 lb residual pressure valve on the rears = thru the windshield at 60mph stopping power

Attachments

• Wilwood1.JPG
    Wilwood1.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 188
Reactions: 2 users
Apr 9, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Good video. He pretty much answers my question about the master cylinder. I recognize the car, I believe he's a member of this forum.
Thanks again. Very informative. I do notice that he used a regular LHD Blazer master cylinder and had to bend the lines in the opposite direction.
Also, thanks again for your feedback and experience using the Blazer master.....I much appreciate it.
Thats me. you inadvertently make a good point. I should change my name on here to reflect.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thats me. you inadvertently make a good point. I should change my name on here to reflect.
I knew that car looked familiar. Your video was very detailed and informative. It certainly helped in making my decision.
Welcome aboard, in case I never welcomed you before.

Btw, my friend has a Cutlass Cruiser with the Blazer brake setup (up front) and he seems a bit disappointed in the braking. He also wondered about changing out the master cylinder. He is planning on a 6.0 LS powerplant, and before he does that, he wants the car to be able to stop well.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Wilwood 1.25" bore Master Cylinder here.....Blazer Brake set up working Great! very firm brake Pedal, however HydroBoost may have something to do with it! 2lb residual pressure valve on front brake lines and 10 lb residual pressure valve on the rears = thru the windshield at 60mph stopping power
Thank you for your input. That sounds like a nice setup. But again, having hydro boost could make a huge difference in pedal firmness...besides having an adjustable proportioning valve to be able to dial-in front and rear brake bias.
It certainly sounds like you have great stopping power.
I also like that you plumbed the proportioning valve right under the master cylinder. All nicely done.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
I knew that car looked familiar. Your video was very detailed and informative. It certainly helped in making my decision.
Welcome aboard, in case I never welcomed you before.

Btw, my friend has a Cutlass Cruiser with the Blazer brake setup (up front) and he seems a bit disappointed in the braking. He also wondered about changing out the master cylinder. He is planning on a 6.0 LS powerplant, and before he does that, he wants the car to be able to stop well.
I did it all as a system. I changed the front and rear brakes and master from a blazer. having a matching set might make all the difference.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I did it all as a system. I changed the front and rear brakes and master from a blazer. having a matching set might make all the difference.

Yes, I'm starting to realize that a matching brake system may be the answer.
Thanks again, man. It's Brian, correct?

Btw, that's also a good video on the rear S10 Blazer brakes on the Foxbody 8.8 rear. My buddy is actually going to use a Mustang Cobra 8.8 with rear discs.
I'm considering going to rear discs on my 8.5 rear. I'm sick of drum brakes. I know in my case it entails having to cut and re-drill the axle flanges to create a 4-bolt pattern compared to a 3-bolt pattern.
I guess you're pretty happy with using the S-10 Blazer rear brakes. I was considering them or the later LS1 style F-body rear discs.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Yes, I'm starting to realize that a matching brake system may be the answer.
Thanks again, man. It's Brian, correct?

Btw, that's also a good video on the rear S10 Blazer brakes on the Foxbody 8.8 rear. My buddy is actually going to use a Mustang Cobra 8.8 with rear discs.
I'm considering going to rear discs on my 8.5 rear. I'm sick of drum brakes. I know in my case it entails having to cut and re-drill the axle flanges to create a 4-bolt pattern compared to a 3-bolt pattern.
I guess you're pretty happy with using the S-10 Blazer rear brakes. I was considering them or the later LS1 style F-body rear discs.

I'm pretty satisfied with it. I have had a few incidents where I needed to get on the brakes hard since the install. My confidence in braking ability has risen dramatically. I'm not one to tell anyone how it should be done. Since I knew I was going with a ford 8.8 axle (I'll put a link to the video below) I knew I needed to do something about the rear brakes and the bolt pattern. I really like the wheels I have and didn't want GM 5 lug in the front and Ford 4 lug in the rear. I looked at every combination out there from; mixing and matching Aerostar and ranger axles, to welding on 9 inch ends and every custom option in between. I also wanted a parking brake. I headed down to the local wrecking yard and decided to just get a set of s10 rear brakes and backing plates and figure it out. I read somewhere here on the forum that it works so the idea isn't mine. One bolt hole lined up almost perfectly and there was plenty of room for the rest to be drilled out.

I'm not going to tell anyone what they should do. For me it was the cheapest and easiest option. Also, it keeps my car from sounding like it belongs in a Johnny Cash song. Go out and have fun solving the automotive mysteries of the world. I'm just letting you know, I figured out this one and I'm pretty happy with it. I still need to sort out the parking brake though. Thank you guys for taking the time to watch the videos too. it means a lot that they are liked. If you don't mind, can you hit the subscribe button on my channel and I promise I'll try to keep good videos coming out.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor