Another FRAM story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I did not read through this whole thread. I probably won't come back to read anything after this post, as this argument drives me bonkers.

EVERY video I can find on youtube that bashes fram filters, comparing them to any others, is monumentally flawed. They are ALWAYS, ALWAYS comparing a 3 dollar fram filter to it's 10 dollar counterparts. Hell I saw one video where the guy compares about 12 different brands, and none of the filters are from the same application as the next! How can you compare a filter for a honda accord to a filter for a Cummins?!

I'm not defending fram (yes, I do sell them, along with many other filter brands,) but COME THE F**K ON! If I ever have the time, I will do a similar video that compares apples to apples. Why is no one ever using a NAPA Select filter? ya know, the 3 dollar one!

Every brand has it's premium filters and its economy filters. In fact, I opened up a PH5 and a PF1218F (fram and delco) and if I had to choose, it would have been the fram all day long. The delco was a much cheaper design with less filter media. They have now changed to PF1218A, which is heavier, so probably better than the 'F' filters.

Either way, at the end of the day, if you want a good filter, spend more than 3 dollars!

Rant over.
Good point but it is also dollar for dollar value. The Fram Ultra synthetic is a good filter but $15+. Honestly filter prices are getting out of control up here. Any quality filter other Hastings and now OE spec are $15 or more. The OE spec from Canadian Tire look good, all $10. The Hastings range from $7 to $12 for most. The orange can of doom is the same price as these two, you would have to be a retard to pick it unless it is $2 like the cheap Napa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor