anybody got this kit from PST?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
it looks good except for the uppers, they should have a spherical bearing to prevent binding. The stock uppers are fabricated to twist when in a binding situation

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have the UMI uppers that have the roto joint. I have seen other companies that have a spherical joint but I don't know their names

Rasheerh

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2007
Cincinnati, oh
so whats better for the lower trailing arms, boxed or tubular? or does it not matter?

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
You need boxed if you are going to tow. It also helps if your car has a mild raise for stability. Otherwise it's up to you! I'd say if you're not going to tow save your $$$ - most ppl cant afford new trailing arms those are going to make a big enough difference as it is

Rasheerh

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2007
Cincinnati, oh
pencero said:
You need boxed if you are going to tow. It also helps if your car has a mild raise for stability. Otherwise it's up to you! I'd say if you're not going to tow save your $$$ - most ppl cant afford new trailing arms those are going to make a big enough difference as it is

ok thanks, i just will buy the umi kit

UMI Sales

G-Body Guru
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 11, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
Rasheerh said:
pencero said:

ok thanks, i just will buy the umi kit

Hi Rasheerh.

Thanks for considering UMI.

Here's our catalog page for your car's rear suspension:
http://www.umiperformance.com/catalog/i ... cPath=8_60

Give me a call or email and I'm happy to help you pick what's best for your car.

As GP says, it's nice to get some articulation up top with our Roto-Joint.

For tubular vs boxed, we make no distinction strength-wise as they're both much stronger than stock. We ask the customer to choose based solely on appearance.

thanks

ramey

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor