Anybody used run flats? Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SumoBu

Apprentice
Dec 5, 2010
I found a good deal on a pair of dunlop sp sport tires but there run flats which I have no experience with. Just wanted to see if any of you guys have used run flats or what your opinions of them are.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
they're dunlops, don't bother. except for the super hi end full race tires, dunlops suck!
fun flats are ok, if you need them. if you drive past construction sites and keep picking up nails then yeah.
tire inflation sensors are for lazy idiots who can't pay attention and check the tire pressure.
j/k lol i had to.

MR442

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2010
Back woods Central PA
Not worth the funds if you dont take long trips . But if cheap what the hey ..

In my neck woods a run flat or low profile cost 2 x a normal tire to mount :(

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
it does depend on the style. some have a special procedure but many of the newer ones are the same as a regular tire. we never had real problems.

SumoBu

Apprentice
Dec 5, 2010
The only reason I was considering these is because there $100 obo for the pair and they're still at about 90% tread left. I already got a pair of michelin pilot sports from my buddy for the rear, maybe I'll have to just nut up and buy a matching pair for the front. I was just tryin to get around spendin damn near $500 for em.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
Buy a set of continentals
Unless you are doing some real track racing. Inwhich case get used to spending a lot of money!

SumoBu

Apprentice
Dec 5, 2010
Well I'm already set on using the 275/40 Michelins on the rear since I already have em and they're the exact size I wanted to run in the first place. If I have to buy new for the front I'll probably go with Michelins so they match and I liked they how the full set felt on my buddies bmw I got the 275's from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor