Anyone have weird people to come buy their car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorenzo

Master Mechanic
Mar 28, 2012
Milton Ontario
Well i re listed my car again on kijiji and got a couple people email me. I met with one guy today, now in the emails all he kept asking me was how it sounded and if i could send him a video. So sure enough i sent him a video i took awhile back before i got my new carburetor. So i went to go meet him today and first thing that came out of his mouth was " Its alot quieter than it was in the video" :wtf: All he kept saying was, i wish it sounded louder. Kept asking me to rev the engine as well. Didnt even car to look under the car or the re finished trunk or the immaculate interior?! He said he would let me know if he was interested but wow. Like if i go see a car i dont give a sh*t how it sounds because i can easily customize it later on, i would only care to see if the car was in good shape. Talk about weird buyers right :rofl:

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
I once spent Three hours showing a Sand rail I was selling . I put in the paper for $7,500. I got a call from a woman who sounded interested. She came to the house I drove the thing with her, showed her how everything worked.
I answered questions for what seemed like forever.
Finally she agreed to buy it and handed me the cash, Unfortunately she only had $750.
I told her it was $7,500 She just stood there and said that's too bad but you already took my money I own the Rail.
I said let me see the news paper she was holding, Sure enough the ad said $7,500. I gave back her money and put the car back in the garage while she stood in my driveway and screamed at me for ten minutes.
We had to call the Cops to get rid of her, She told them I stole her sand rail and had it locked in my garage.
That was one of the worst experiences I have ever gone thru. It took the cops two hours to make her leave. :roll:

83Hyrbyd

Apprentice
Jun 7, 2011
VA
Does he know you can cut some exhaust off to make it louder...haha
Wonder what goes through their head when they show up. :?
Those experiences suck, but when you meet someone who know's what you have, purchased plenty of vehicles, or has had a vehicle like the one your selling it makes the transaction alot easier.

Lorenzo

Master Mechanic
Mar 28, 2012
Milton Ontario
83Hyrbyd said:
Does he know you can cut some exhaust off to make it louder...haha
Wonder what goes through their head when they show up. :?
Those experiences suck, but when you meet someone who know's what you have, purchased plenty of vehicles, or has had a vehicle like the one your selling it makes the transaction alot easier.

Well i told him that the old carb was all gummed up so thats why it sounded really loud and could barley hold an idle. Now that car runs perfect is a bit quieter and complains. I told him to just turn the mixture screws in so it would send less gas and he said "well yea i can do that" :blam: Anyways he said that the car wasnt loud enough so he doesnt want it. Whatever i wouldnt wanna sell it to a dumbass like that.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Way back in the early 80's I was selling my Wife's '69 Mustang for $1,000.00. While many came to see it, and most didn't have the cash, this one goofy couple came with a "Blue Book" estimate of what it was worth, $250.00. They loudly insisted I sell it to them for that and not one penny more. I told them it's $1,000.00 and if they don't like it then don't buy it. They wouldn't leave, until two guys who restored cars came and scooped it up claiming it was a "bargain" at $1,000.00. They finally left, still complaining.

Lorenzo

Master Mechanic
Mar 28, 2012
Milton Ontario
lol yep, i wouldnt feel comfortable selling my car to some dumb asses anyways.

onyxxtreme

Greasemonkey
Jul 12, 2007
Ft Polk, LA
i would probably walk back inside without saying a word, as soon as i suspect they are a retarded low baller

Flat Broke

Apprentice
Aug 19, 2012
Slidell, Louisiana
Bonnewagon said:
Way back in the early 80's I was selling my Wife's '69 Mustang for $1,000.00. While many came to see it, and most didn't have the cash, this one goofy couple came with a "Blue Book" estimate of what it was worth, $250.00. They loudly insisted I sell it to them for that and not one penny more. I told them it's $1,000.00 and if they don't like it then don't buy it. They wouldn't leave, until two guys who restored cars came and scooped it up claiming it was a "bargain" at $1,000.00. They finally left, still complaining.

Couple years ago I had a '93 Z-71 I bought to sell. I asked $2995 and figured I would settle on $2500. I had a guy come and tell me he wanted it but would only pay $2000. I told him I would take $2500 to which he told me again I want it and I am going to give you $2000 for it! I seen I was getting no where with him and just had to walk off and leave him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor