Anyone hiding away an olds 330 crank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

80special

Apprentice
Oct 27, 2016
Im looking for a 330 crank to put in my 350. Anyone hiding one not really far from Columbus Ohio? Trying to win more races this coming season, but not by throwing engine parts at the guy next to me!!!

• Optimistic
Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Is Saskatchewan close:).

80special

Apprentice
Oct 27, 2016
I met a guy at the border of Canada for one of my bluetick coondogs but it wasn't the border by you lol it was just a drive thru Michigan. Are you selling one?

80special

Apprentice
Oct 27, 2016
What's the max HP any of you have ran on a 68-74 nodular crank in the 350? I was hoping to get better ET with nitrous but don't want a catastrophic failure. I've got forged everything but crank.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I actually have 2, one set up with a 3.5" stroke and 2" sbc rods. I would seriously look at running 2.1" aftermarket sbc rods, enalrge the small end or use sbc 400 pistons, get the journals widened for the rod and cut .025" undersize, factory forged rods are soft and move around.The other 330 is standard stroke, was cut .010" rods and .020 mains and was in good shape. Not sure if shipping would be worth while and I haven't looked at it closely in a while, out in my garage oiled and plastic wrap on the journals. The nodular cranks are strong but nitrous is hard on parts. Join Real Olds Power and Classic Oldsmobile and put it in parts wanted. They do come up fairly often on those boards, good luck.

Last edited:

80special

Apprentice
Oct 27, 2016
Thanks. Ive looked over there but not posted yet. Ive got scat 6" Chevy rods for it already. What would you think shipping would be? 100-150? What's a ball park price you'd think about selling that crank worked over for the Chevy rods for? I can have it polished or what ever it needs by my buddies at fowlers.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I actually got that crank from Smitty from M&J Proformance in Ohio he should have cores there. It was about $150 to ship from there, $350 for the crank ready to go short of balancing core included, maybe 2 years back. He has had health issues and some have had issues with him lately. Worth a shot with him being close and would save shipping.

80special

Apprentice
Oct 27, 2016
Thanks! Found a guy up by summit racing with a standard/standard crank. Going to go grab that today. What's your opinion on the max HP of one on these cranks?
Chevy H beam rods
Forged flat top Pistons with gapless rings
Ported #7 heads chopped down to 60cc chambers
.640/.640 266/[email protected] solid roller
Think I can slap a 200shot on it for bracket racing and not be scared? Or will I most likely be slinging parts?

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I believe 800 HP has been claimed if the crank is crack free etc. Definitely an improvement over the Nodular crank. You are getting the unique flex plate correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor