EL CAMINO Anyone need a new project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Be far FAR cheaper just to import one ready to go than spend money fixing all those body dents and finding the missing parts. Drivetrain swap is the easy part. Gutted interior, body damage, and all the rest?

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Be far FAR cheaper just to import one ready to go than spend money fixing all those body dents and finding the missing parts. Drivetrain swap is the easy part. Gutted interior, body damage, and all the rest?

The bad thing is that to get them retitled after being imported, you have to have them stripped down to that point and then then rebuild them with US equivalent parts to get them to be road legal. There is a business in Colorado (I think) that specializes in doing this.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
The bad thing is that to get them retitled after being imported, you have to have them stripped down to that point and then then rebuild them with US equivalent parts to get them to be road legal. There is a business in Colorado (I think) that specializes in doing this.

I was just going to say the same thing, haven't heard anything from the Colorado shop recently

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
I've seen the red one and talked to that guy at the Golden CO cruise. That one was rebuilt with a Pontiac G8 that was cornholed hard. He does a nice job, left hand conversion and all, there was nothing about it that didn't look factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor