Anyone play with 2nd gen camaro's ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I have been selling off my stash of 2nd gen Firebird stuff for several years now. A guy from Brooklyn needing door glass came with a '71 Camaro his Dad had passed on to him. It had a 454 and was a typical NYC sleeper. In primer, but a well built solid car. I loved it. I never knew they used the same 1rst gen radiator mount-to-fender braces while the Firebirds used those big heavy steel slabs. Other small differences make some parts unique. I still lean towards the Firebirds and I have a 455 that would look great in a rust-free car if I could afford one.

Last of the great ones:

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Almost any MN/IA/ND/WI yard I hit up that doesn't aggressively scrap stuff seems to have a lot of 2nd gens but they are all wasted.

CL and FB has them pop up often but again, always destroyed. I am convinced 2nd gens were at one time the 3rd gens of our day and I wasn't old enough to see them getting run into the ground.

1607029974310.png

1607030035690.png

1607030072904.png

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
😭😭😭😭😭:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢!!!!!!!!!!!!

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Almost any MN/IA/ND/WI yard I hit up that doesn't aggressively scrap stuff seems to have a lot of 2nd gens but they are all wasted.

CL and FB has them pop up often but again, always destroyed. I am convinced 2nd gens were at one time the 3rd gens of our day and I wasn't old enough to see them getting run into the ground.

View attachment 163392

View attachment 163393
View attachment 163394

They made millions of F-bodies and G-bodies. I don't get upset, just happy to have/have had a few nice examples.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor