Anyone run AN fuel lines front to back?

B

bracketchev1221

G-Body Guru
Jan 18, 2018
Don’t use steel braided rubber. The old hose gets eaten by ethanol fuel. It’s funny I had the same steel braided rubber hose 20+ years in the race car using leaded race gas. With unleaded 6-8 years at best.

fleming442

fleming442

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Dec 26, 2013
The only issue I have ever had with braided lines is with some brands fittings having the anodized coating fade over time when subjected to a lot of engine heat but never any leaks, just use quality fittings and an installation procedure that works.
Or, properly tightening the house brand, China boi shizz breaks it....

motorheadmike

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
-8 AN feed in the wagon with a Corvette regulator kicking -6 AN back to the tank; and a -10 AN feed in the MCSS with -6 AN return (PTFE).

Works fine, just keep it nice and secure so it doesn't chaff against the frame or body.

Had that happen in my old Turbo Buick, it made a mess. I believe that car had a -10 AN feed and -6 AN return.

So, yes. A lot it seems.

Reactions: Rktpwrd
joesregalproject

joesregalproject

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm thinking about it. Gonna be pulling the body off here in the next week or so and I'll be running the lines before I put it back on.

M

mc1984ss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 18, 2020
Here's where I'm at, I have a stainless hard line bent to match the factory bends with -8 ends on it. I had it made by inline tube a long time ago. I figure it will be a miracle if I am able to get it in the car where it's supposed to be. If I cannot get it in I'll cut it in half and flare the ends and hope I can get it in in two pieces. Just got in from the garage and I pulled the 5/16" original line out in one piece. Obviously the new one is much bigger but I'm not giving up yet. I will use ptfe lines at each end which is impervious to any fuels including nitromethane. I really really really do not want to lift the body to install the fuel lines. My plan B is to use a proper flexible hose. Thanks for the help

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor