Apparently my car is to heavy for American Racing rims

Status
Not open for further replies.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
American Racing must pull people from local auto parts stores to be on the tech line.

No offense to the OP or people that use those wheels, but the fact that 90% of the hotrods out there have those exact wheels, I'd say screw the load rating and run them.

Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Are you sure you didn't say Cutlass Supreme? Cause we all know there is nothing produced aftermarket that fits those cars.

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
I got AR105's on mine and no problems yet.

82GrandPrix

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 22, 2019
Thunder Bay, Ontario
Thanks for the input everyone I appreciate it. This is my first set of rims I'm buying so I'm a real noob at this. I've decided to just go ahead and buy the AR rims I originally set out to but from a different seller who has been providing much better customer service. I'll post pics when they get mounted on the GP! Can't wait!

Reactions: 4 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I'll post pics when they get mounted on the GP! Can't wait!
Make sure you take the pictures quick before the rims collapse under the weight of the car.;)

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Michael Watts

Master Mechanic
Dec 12, 2017
Do they have a bridge to sell you as well. I have a set of 17 x 8 American .Racing Torque Thrust II`s on my 1981 El Camino SS and never had any issues.I would go elsewhere .And put it on line so other people will know about them

dickeymoore

G-Body Guru
May 6, 2009
Atlanta,Georgia
I run American torque thrust wheels on all my G-Body is in all different sizes 15 16 17 and have no issues whatsoever and oh my truck

Pronto-

Apprentice
Dec 4, 2014
Try calling them again and tell them you have a Monte Carlo or a Regal and see what they say...

Lukeschwtz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 13, 2018
I have a set of 17's with 15 year old tires mounted on them. I switch them between my 86 442 and my 62 Impala. My Impala has bid block 409 and drives like a cement truck. I've had never had an issue and the tires are evenly worn.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor